Author Topic: Muscular bodybuilder type doll  (Read 1041 times)

bluecanvas

• New Resident
Muscular bodybuilder type doll
« on: January 07, 2020, 02:18:22 PM »
Hi guys,

I haven't posted in a long time, because I'm basically just browsing the forums from time to time to see what's new on the male doll market.

So far I've been waiting (without much success) for a really muscular doll.

I love the swimmer's build bodies (like Gabriel's above)  that is used for most available male dolls, but if I spend money on a silicone doll for myself, I would really want to have a bodybuilder type of body.

I've been in contact with Sinthetics (who - after releasing the amazingly beautiful Gabriel - is definitely my preferred manufacturer of silicone dolls) and they informed me that the main issue with a muscular body is weight. That's why they're not adding such a body to their standard line. Customers wouldn't be able to handle such a doll easily as it would be super heavy.

Still, I'm trying to make the whole thing a reality in the long run and asked them about a custom body that meets my requirements.

They said that the max. doable height would be 5'7", which I could totally live with. The basic price of a single order for an individual body with my requirements would be USD 25,000. That's quite a figure, but considering a doll is a life long purchase and (hopefully) even survives longer than a new car, it seems a reasonable price if I get the doll I want.

I gave Sinthetics these pics as drafts (which I mercilessly threw together in photoshop  ;D) that I would want to start the designing process from. They said it is technically possible to create such a body as long as it's not larger than 5'7".

My question is, would anybody be interested in such a body and want to join the process to split the manufacturing costs? I imagine the bigger the pool of interested clients for such a body, the lower the cost per client.  I would also go for a custom head sculpt, but it's of course possible to use a standard Sinthetics head with the custom muscled body.

Also, this isn't something that I'm planning out of the blue. It might even take a year or two before I could make an order, so I'm hoping some of you would be interested in joining me for this in the long run.

Let me know what you think.

Edit:
I set up a GoFundMe page for this project. If you are interested in seeing this become a reality, feel free to participate.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/muscular-body-for-sinthetics-male-silicone-doll?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Love,
Blue

94elmwood

• New Resident
Re: Muscular bodybuilder type doll
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »
Before  you send them any money  you need to find out about people buying  dolls and never getting them or waiting 2 years plus

poseoasis

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 10:23:22 PM »
Qita dolls from China "might" introduce a new bigger muscular TPE male doll in the near future. (Much bigger and heavier than the existing model) Since everything is still in their early stage of development and the Chinese New Year holidays are approaching, very little information was available.  Contact your local doll supplier after the CNY holidays for his release date. 

odc456

• New Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 04:42:47 AM »
It should definitely happen. I've posted here about it several times:

http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=6741.msg93032#msg93032

The weight issue sounds to me like excuses. Sure, the materials are heavy. Use them differently. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Like you, I'd love Sinthetics to give this a go because some might say they're the best manufacturer out there. As craftspeople maybe it's creative challenge rather than untapped markets that drives these people. Who knows.

Your photoshop is really good. Reminds me I used to do similar all the freakin time  :laugh:

bluecanvas

• New Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 11:10:33 AM »
I also used to think the weight issue isn't a big deal, but then I realized that the Gabriel doll already weighs almost 50 kgs which is quite heavy, so I guess they do have a point.

bluecanvas

• New Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 12:50:47 PM »
I set up a GoFundMe page for this project. If you are interested in seeing this become a reality, feel free to participate.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/muscular-body-for-sinthetics-male-silicone-doll?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

odc456

• New Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 02:42:27 AM »
Your dedication is great but why would anyone go fund you to get something that’s just for you? They would have to fund you and on top of that still pay full price for the product for themselves! Or have I misunderstood what you’re doing here?

94elmwood

• New Resident
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 10:25:28 AM »
would be to heavy to move around.. Not to mention the stress on the joints silicone and tpe are heavy  A  real doll weighs 105 dead weight.. If you think that's ez  go to a  gym and pickup  a 100 pound dumbbell. You have to be  extremely strong to do it.. They have a muscular  Chinese male that weighes  58 kg 130 lbs  and even if you are In shape he is hard to handle. Even the small ones weigh 80 pounds

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 09:29:35 PM »
Your dedication is great but why would anyone go fund you to get something that’s just for you? They would have to fund you and on top of that still pay full price for the product for themselves! Or have I misunderstood what you’re doing here?

Nope. You understood it correctly - that's exactly why they've raised only $10 in four days.

would be to heavy to move around.. Not to mention the stress on the joints silicone and tpe are heavy  A  real doll weighs 105 dead weight.. If you think that's ez  go to a  gym and pickup  a 100 pound dumbbell. You have to be  extremely strong to do it.

Don't [b just[/b]"pick it up," move it across it the room to another rack, put it down and then pick it up and move it back. THEN you'll have an appreciation for what living with your heavy doll is like on a daily basis. :o
Three year old, unused 170cm male doll for sale. Msg for details or see topic link below. Thanks.

http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=10458.0

bluecanvas

• New Resident
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 01:33:30 PM »

LOL, that would be nice.

My intention is to fund the development of a muscular body mold. From my correspondence with Sinthetics I understood that the development of the mold is the expensive part that needs to be funded. Once a mold exists, future clients can purchase the new body type at the normal production costs (which is starting at about USD 7000). The development of a mold is a considerably more expensive effort - which is apparently not easily paid by a single person or else such a mold would already exist.

The whole thing is just an idea for a group effort. If nobody contributes, then so be it.

I'm thinking of purchasing a currently available model soon, as I simply cannot afford a completely customized mold at USD 25000 by myself.

Speaking of which, how odd is it that the next body type that Sinthetics seems to be producing is an OVERWEIGHT guy, LOL. Why not a bodybuilder then?  :-\
I found this on their facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Sinthetics/videos/2398773077099869/

I like where it is going, but carve some abs, please !!!

94elmwood

• New Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 01:59:37 PM »
Well before you invest in a  doll from them you should talk to some people here that are still waiting  for the dolls  they paid  for

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 04:15:01 PM »
I understand you are trying to open a door but bear in mind as far as we are aware, Sinthetics have not created any new mold for years. 

Many doll companies are creating molds everyday and they don't make them out of customers founds. Why would people GIVE them money to invest in the creation of new molds when it's up to them to invest in them. They are a company after all.

You should read all the threads about the body 3C which has been financed several years ago by many customers and the mold hasn't even been made.

It's up to people to decide if they want to take such a risk.

Why would male doll admirers should pay to make their dreams come true when they make female doll molds everyday?

bluecanvas

• New Resident
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 02:10:35 PM »
I understand you are trying to open a door but bear in mind as far as we are aware, Sinthetics have not created any new mold for years. 

Many doll companies are creating molds everyday and they don't make them out of customers founds. Why would people GIVE them money to invest in the creation of new molds when it's up to them to invest in them. They are a company after all.

You should read all the threads about the body 3C which has been financed several years ago by many customers and the mold hasn't even been made.

Why would male doll admirers should pay to make their dreams come true when they make female doll molds everyday?

Could you point me in the direction of the body 3C thread you're mentioning. I do want to read that. Thank you  :angel:

bluecanvas

• New Resident
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2020, 02:15:18 PM »

Is there any other company you would recommend? I mean, I wouldn't necessarily pick Sinthetics if I wanted a female doll, but their male dolls are the best I've seen so far. I'd be willing to wait a loong time to get one. And I do understand that they're a small company, so I'm not questioning that they expect customers to finance them upfront on the development.

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 04:11:35 PM »
https://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=6454.0 It's that thread. I think there was an official thread but maybe it was deleted ?

As for being a small company...not smaller than most of the others.  They for sure have the best dolls in the market but I guess one day there will be western manufacturers that will take the place of the actual manufacturers who haven't been really concerned about their customers.

I don't recommend any manufacturer unfortunatly. I favor western manufacturers but they need to be respectful and serious.