Author Topic: 2017 male DS doll – unused, excellent condition (sold)  (Read 1394 times)

YKW

• Sr. Resident
Re: 2017 male DS doll – unused, excellent condition
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 05:30:46 PM »
I'd say "move on" was the better answer.

A clever seller once sold me a spanking-new RD2 in a carton that was made up from multiple doll cartons, fortified with dense foam padding and held together tightly with pressure packing wrap (that stuff makes packages practically bullet-proof).

It arrived without a scratch.

Just this afternoon I received a spanking-new Mecha-doll from a clever seller who augmented a shipping carton, fortified it with dense foam and armor-plated it with plywood and then wrapped it in pressure packing tape. Another great result.

If you ask Bronwen nicely at Sinthetics she might sell you a Sinthetics carton (which are awesome, fortified & plenty big for your purposes) for a couple hundred plus shipping.

Write a nice letter to someone at one of the brands and they might sell you a carton. Cheap.

Or put a "Carton wanted" ad on TDF's "wanted" section. Or add one here on the Auction Block. Everybody has boxes. Shipping will be pricey but even if it's 100 bucks--and the box is $100--it's better than buying a $400 or $600 Chinese-manufactured case that will--trust me on this--get absolutely obliterated during shipping.

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 11:12:27 PM »
I wrote to Unique Dolls asking about the flight case... three weeks ago. Not heard a word back yet. >:(

I'm thinking about asking other companies, but their flight cases tend to be expensive iirc (Unique-Dolls is only $450, whereas at Sex Doll Genie it's $670 and at Spartan Lover it's $990 :o ). I imagine they don't like selling them without the doll, which is understandable. How do you send an empty cardboard box anyway? ???

I considered Abyss/Sinthethics, but I'm still waiting on a doll from Bronwen to be delivered "Halloween 2017" so I doubt I'd hear from her any time soon on that front.  ::)

YKW

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 12:40:04 AM »

How do you send an empty cardboard box anyway? ???

You gotta fill it with junk, like old foam, comforters, other boxes, or styrofoam. It'll get a little mashed but they can always be pulled back into shape.

If you want to buy one I can dig through my boxes and see if I have one that will suit your needs. Please give me your doll's dimensions. A quick check with FedEx says a carton can ship from one coast to the other for appx. $120 and arrive in five days.

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 12:01:40 PM »
If you want to buy one I can dig through my boxes and see if I have one that will suit your needs. Please give me your doll's dimensions. A quick check with FedEx says a carton can ship from one coast to the other for appx. $120 and arrive in five days.

B-W-H: 79cm-66cm-86cm, Weight: 40kg, height: 170cm (157cm without head)

I looked everywhere for boxes that were 66". In fact, I'm still buried in ads for box companies every time I go online, :o but none of them make a box that's 66" (not completely sure what the other dimensions would be, but whenever someone asks I tell them: 57" x 18" x 16").

I have old blankets here, but not sure how the box would fare on a second trip. My doll's box looked like DHL went out of their way to destroy it. If the box gets ruined, there's a risk the doll could be too. I don't want that, and I doubt my buyer would either.  :(

Even then, I still have to figure out how to get him out of here... as it's somehow MY responsibility to get him to the distribution center at the airport.  ::)

YKW

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 12:38:46 PM »
I probably have cartons that size. They can be reused effectively. Just need bracing, foam padding and maybe most importantly pressure wrap.

You can't just arrange a FedEx or UPS pick-up from your location?

Regardless good luck with getting your doll where it needs to go!

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2020, 01:14:43 PM »
I probably have cartons that size. They can be reused effectively. Just need bracing, foam padding and maybe most importantly pressure wrap.

According to them, no. They will not pick up from a unit above the first floor without an elevator.  ::) The only reason DHL delivered him to the unit was that mgt said he couldn't leave a box that big in the middle of the lobby. I still remember the driver snapping "go fuck yourself" after dragging that box up that one flight of stairs (just imagine if I was on the THIRD floor :o ).

I know they do the foam packaging and bracing if they pack it themselves (which FedEx and UPS claim they do), but I have old blankets and stuff here as well as his wigs, dildos and whatever that creepy tube thing that came in the same bag as them is (no idea where any of them are, but I do have them :laugh: ). I might still have some of the foam they had around his head and hands.

YKW

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2020, 05:45:10 PM »

According to them, no. They will not pick up from a unit above the first floor without an elevator.  ::) The only reason DHL delivered him to the unit was that mgt said he couldn't leave a box that big in the middle of the lobby. I still remember the driver snapping "go fuck yourself" after dragging that box up that one flight of stairs (just imagine if I was on the THIRD floor :o ).

I know they do the foam packaging and bracing if they pack it themselves (which FedEx and UPS claim they do), but I have old blankets and stuff here as well as his wigs, dildos and whatever that creepy tube thing that came in the same bag as them is (no idea where any of them are, but I do have them :laugh: ). I might still have some of the foam they had around his head and hands.

Hm. There must be a way. You can use a hand truck to wheel the carton down as FedEx -- or whoever -- arrives. Just ask them to text you as they are approaching. "creepy tube thing" ha ha ha! I don't know what that is-- must be specific to DS.

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 07:22:44 PM »
"creepy tube thing" ha ha ha! I don't know what that is-- must be specific to DS.

All I know is I SPECIFICALLY asked for just the "large" penis, the blonde wig from the photoshoot, and the hanging stand. They sent the stand :thumb: , the standard long "blonde" wig (actually auburn) and a short greyish-blonde one (the actual blonde wig in the photos I post here were bought from Annie at Unique-Dolls :P), plus the flaccid penis (labeled as "small penis" on bill of sale, has impressive balls though :thumb: ), the large penis (which is almost comically small :laugh: ) and whatever that jiggly tube thing was. If I can find it, I'll upload a picture.  :thumb:

I also asked for a crate (as I could throw a table cloth over it as a coffee table or add some pillows and make it bench in my office area), but they didn't listen to me on that front either so I got a regular ol' cardboard box. "Factory to you responsibility is not warranted by us, customer happy to be with all choices of factory." Which Google translates roughly to: "Fuck you." ::)

I still have to figure out how to get him not only into the box (still prefer a flight case or something) but downstairs and to the distribution center (as the leasing office won't let me store something THAT large in their package storage room :o :-[ :( ). I offered to take him on the train with me back to PA next week, but then I still have the same problems (though he wouldn't be boxed, just in a wheelchair from Walmart or somewhere) and he'd still has to drive 10hrs to pick it up :( ...but still cheaper than shipping it.  :laugh:

YKW

• Sr. Resident

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2020, 08:18:26 PM »

:fireworks:

sloopjohnb

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2020, 09:16:10 PM »
Congratulations! :fireworks:

Docsgirl82

• Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2020, 11:15:59 PM »
Congratulations!

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2020, 04:30:19 AM »
At last... hooray

:yipee:

goodbye akira-fan's doll  :wavie:
<<<<<<<<<<<<for album click the pic..........................

bowmanc

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 10:51:54 AM »
Congratulations!
Leave the world better than you found it.

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
Re: 2017 male DS doll – unused, excellent condition (sold)
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2020, 01:42:37 PM »
Thank you, I guess there's only one thing left to say:

TY PENNINGTON (holding megaphone): You know what to say. Say it with me: 'MODERATORS, LOCK THIS THREAD!!!'

Crowd chanting: Lock this thread, lock this thread!!!

:fireworks: :fireworks: