Author Topic: Saying goodbye.  (Read 205 times)

sloopjohnb

• Sr. Resident
Saying goodbye.
« on: February 12, 2020, 01:31:56 AM »
Today I had to let my  Ruby13 doll go. She was not for sale, she was BER. Beyond Economical Repair. I got her when Brash offered dolls that other customers no longer wanted, about a two years ago.
 She suffered a tear from the top of her V, and it kept getting worse, much worse. Then there was surface delamination, breaking joints.
 I am not saying that Ruby was a bad doll, what I am saying is she had to go to her grave.
  This was a horrible experience for me. I had to cut a doll up for disposal, then wrap her in pieces for collection. I don't ever want to go through this again. TPE, you can just throw on the burn pile, not so with silicone.
   I am venting, this experience fucked me up. I covered two dolls heads so they would not see me going Jack the ripper on this poor old doll body.
Fuck, shit damn. Laugh if you want, I hope none of you have to do what I did. I am just sick about it, I will hold and respect my dolls in much higher regards now. 
I'm done now. Had a cry.

senso

• Resident
Re: Saying goodbye.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 03:13:14 AM »
It's understandable that would be a sad and hard thing to do. Hope you feel better soon.
My first TPE doll may need to be disposed of someday. For now, I have her one disintegrated elbow and hands wrapped in plastic
and a bandages. I have long gloves to hide the damage. Not sure if she will get worse. 

sloopjohnb

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 03:23:11 AM »
It doesn't  matter  what  doll it is.  Letting go  hard, thanks for listening!

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 09:17:56 AM »
I had to do this with a Boy Toy.

It was not a pleasant experience.

Coral
Kim’s, Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

setrack

• New Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 05:58:25 PM »
Sloopjohnb we send our love and a special prayer to you ...

love Teddy Babes , Lisa Tina & Carly xxx

I hope I never have to experience that part of doll ownership with my babe's .

ST

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 07:13:08 PM »
Sorry to hear.

But you did the decent, respectful thing to take final care of her.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

Fantastic Plastic

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 09:12:34 PM »
Been there, done that.
Absolutely understand your feelings sloop, I got over it after a while, but yeah, I know that feeling...
I also remember looking out at the garbage truck picking the can up, really bunch of mixed feelings with that one.
If it makes you feel any better I somewhat laugh at myself now, but then, different feeling for sure.

Halleheals

• Sr. Resident
  • Aka Dees Luver and Journey’s slave
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 09:48:16 PM »
Sorry to hear Sloop  :(   :hug:
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 11:27:24 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that my friend...  :hug:

I hope I never have to, but I know I would go through the same emotions if I had to do that.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
  • Dollmongerer
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 12:32:30 PM »
Hang in there, Sloop. As with all man-made items, our dolls have an expiration date. I have delayed that indefinitely for Vema, who is now semi-retired. Other dolls (namely Kloe) are carrying her load(s). When the time comes, I will dispose them in a similar manner. According to my sister, I have the compassion of an unfeeling reptile, which should keep me from getting emotional when the time comes to dismantle one of my "lovers." But when that lover is Kwench, IDK....

Halleheals

• Sr. Resident
  • Aka Dees Luver and Journey’s slave
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 09:39:26 PM »
thanks for listening!

Sometimes you just need a friend!  :hug:

Jojo with her very good friend given to her by our good friend Sloop  ;)
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

sloopjohnb

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 10:14:05 PM »
Hey everyone! I'm better now, just a rough night. It's all over and I have moved on. You see, ODC is the only place we have to talk about these things. The good ,the bad, the joy and sadness. To all of you who took the time to respond or even read this, thank you.
JB

sloopjohnb

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 10:15:10 PM »
HH, great picture of Jojo and panda! It made me smile, just what I needed.
 ;D

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 10:39:40 PM »
Sorry for you loss JB. It's not a laughing matter. Even if we have multiple dolls, most of us have a connection to all the dolls we have. We wouldn't have bought the doll if we didn't like it, and they always grow on you even more.

Most of the time one can get another body. It still doesn't make dismantling the body any easier.
Sometimes the doll is irreplaceable. That is truly a sad day :( :'(

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • If the ladies don't find you handsome, get a doll.
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2020, 04:49:07 AM »
Oh man Sloop. I had to do the exact  same thing to  two dolls in the past. It's  one of the worst things (x2)  that I have ever had to do . I literally felt sick afterword.  Not a nice thing. I know exactly how you feel my friend. Hang in there.   :(

Most humble servant of CJ's harem .