Author Topic: Worried about my girls.  (Read 101 times)

Jigglybear

• Lurker
Worried about my girls.
« on: March 10, 2020, 12:36:50 PM »
   Good morning Gents,

I have spent the last three days Perusing through this wonderful website and learning a great deal about taking care of our synthetic women. Sadly, I have also read more than a few horror stories in regard to suspending our synthetic lovers using the neck bolt for either storage or dressing. Apparently this either weakens over time or certain manufactures use cheap plastic in that area, which makes no sense to me as this is a high-stress area. My question is this, I purchased Faith in 2018, she is a Wm 148cm, Grace is a 6YE 161cm and my latest girl is the 171cm Wm Kacey (I named Joy) with the wasp waist. All three have metal skeletons and the standing feet option, should I just stand them rather than using the suspension option to avoid possibly weakening the neck area? Many thanks any and all advice. And a shout out to Rgc_lulu from the Dollsbook for telling me about this wonderful website.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Re: Worried about my girls.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 02:01:58 PM »
Welcome Aboard !

Standing them should be fine, just make sure that they aren't leaning against anything that may flatten the area or leech oil on.

Also... Please... Paragraphs vs. long run on sentences.  :D
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

Jigglybear

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 02:16:14 PM »
   Camp,

thank you for the advice. :) As for the dreaded run-on sentences, I'll try harder. I was struck by a drunk driver and suffered a head injury, I'm still re-learning. It helps when others point out my mistakes so I can work on correcting them, much appreciated. :)

LuLu

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 10:27:02 AM »
   Good morning Gents,

I have spent the last three days Perusing through this wonderful website and learning a great deal about taking care of our synthetic women. Sadly, I have also read more than a few horror stories in regard to suspending our synthetic lovers using the neck bolt for either storage or dressing. Apparently this either weakens over time or certain manufactures use cheap plastic in that area, which makes no sense to me as this is a high-stress area. My question is this, I purchased Faith in 2018, she is a Wm 148cm, Grace is a 6YE 161cm and my latest girl is the 171cm Wm Kacey (I named Joy) with the wasp waist. All three have metal skeletons and the standing feet option, should I just stand them rather than using the suspension option to avoid possibly weakening the neck area? Many thanks any and all advice. And a shout out to Rgc_lulu from the Dollsbook for telling me about this wonderful website.

Hanging from a proper jointed neck should not create issues. I say proper joint because some dolls have a wired/flex tubing neck. Aka: gooseneck. These types should not be used to hang at all. They are not designed to carry much weight over extended periods of time. And will probably break. They're probably not making these gooseneck types anymore, but are more common in cheaper dolls. WM and Jy's I do not think have these goosenecks. Maybe once upon a time, but not the more current models.

Have seen it posted if you hang and then prop up the feet a bit to help carry some of the load off the neck, you should be fine. Sounds logical to me this idea anyway. Rather then dangling entirely from the neck.
Thanks for the plug about DB, I am not active there no more. It seemed there was too much conflict of interest. Myself and my doll were treated quite poorly. Not a great place to be if you think a bit different then the status quo :) ah well bullies are in abundance in online communities. Sort of unusual that some vendors will partake in this sort of behavior as well.
An old timer once told me "Stick with the winners" So LuLu has walked away from there. Quite an amazing feat, since she is not a standing doll, but managed to get away anyhow  :laugh:

LuLu says hi!!

Sorry to hear of your accident as well.