Author Topic: The specter of AliBaba  (Read 1193 times)

LuLu

• Resident
Re: The specter of AliBaba
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2020, 08:59:01 AM »
The topic of Alibaba.
I'd bought a microphone from Aliexpress from an "official" store of the Neewer brand. It's just a cheap mic, older model, but it is well made. Works good for me.

When I bought it, it had arrived within 3 days. Distribution that was used? Amazon. So Alibaba/Express is not much of a rip off demon for that kind of service :) :laugh:

LuLu

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 12:41:21 PM »
A little confusion there. ODC 90210 is the one that is banned, and is the one that is selling his spot for a Sinthetic doll.

Casper is an old member at TDF. Don't know if he is banned at TDF but he is not here. Then again he drank from the TDF Kool Aid so I don't expect to see him here.

I want to thank the admin people here for removing the link I has posted where this Casper is now residing. I was going to remove that just now, but I think it is gone.

Some psychotic behavior went on there, and I was thrown under the bus Publicly, not privately. Being labelled "recommender" of Alibaba/Express doll sellers. Fake/counterfeit supporter blah blah.
Where i got my doll I do not recommend. Though it's been ok. Is posting links considered a recommendation?. Posting ideas considered a recommendation? To hell with word games.

When I first got my doll Jeff at Booty Call Dolls praised how gorgeous she was looking. And invited her to be posted in his section on the forum. That was a couple years ago almost. But I will not forget that.
The psycho seller where Casper resides will not be remembered in kind.  He was publicly humiliating.  I'll support Jeff over this guy any day!!
If anyone has a problem with users, it should be handled privately. The way it was done though shows zero class. I'll admit my faults, and in some things I was wrong. But did not deserve the public hanging

Water under the bridge. No big deal to me now.
I only mention Jeff at BCD. He was kind. No other names will be mentioned, but Casper as you veterans know, has a reputation. and yes he is banned on TDF.

Thanks again for removing that link.

Time to dust myself off and stand back up. only rope burn fuckers!!  hahahaha

Have a great day everyone

W9JYD

• Lurker
    • Dollsbook
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2020, 02:25:09 AM »
A little confusion there. ODC 90210 is the one that is banned, and is the one that is selling his spot for a Sinthetic doll.

Casper is an old member at TDF. Don't know if he is banned at TDF but he is not here. Then again he drank from the TDF Kool Aid so I don't expect to see him here.
I used to be "casperghostboy" part of TDF.... Banned one year ago and damn proud of it! (my last username was "AlexaTilbrook") I go by my FCC Call Sign (I'm a ham), W9JYD, now.

Yes, I do run, not necessarily own, Dollsbook.

The TDF koolaid.... NAH... f**k that. Faygo. Dr Pepper, and in my WM157b Daphne's eyes... Whataburger.

Thought I'd post and join along.

73, W9JYD
PS C:\WINDOWS\System32> choco install Daphne_WM-157b -y
Chocolatey 0.10.15
Once a Whataburger-addicted JY, now a still Whataburger-addicted WM. She's still my JY.

I am W9JYD (Whiskey Nine Juliet Yankee Delta). I am good on QRZ if you wanna know.

finelovedolls

• New Resident
    • Fine Love Dolls ® Ultra Realistic TPE Dolls
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 04:38:49 AM »
- Definition of psychopath: a mentally unstable person especially : a person having an egocentric and antisocial personality marked by a lack of remorse for one's actions, an absence of empathy for others, and often criminal tendencies -

Why you were publicly "shamed": You were allegedly misleading people into believing that fake counterfeit copies are just as good as medical TPE. When you were nicely reminded why both weren't the same thing, you doubled down on your statement saying "I need scientific facts to trust this", there, please see below

Let's exactly sum up your rhetoric here:

"Fake dolls are just as good as real ones quality wise. The only difference is the price because vendors hijack the price with a high markup. Y'all should buy fake dolls instead here is where to do so"

As you said it yourself in one of your Dollsbook post, you only take pictures of dolls. You do not have sexual intercourse with them. This rhetoric is therefore dangerous because you were allegedly misleading genuine newcomers that have no knowledge about dolls into purchasing products that are hazardous for their health.

What is low-cost TPE made of?

Low cost thermoplastic elastomers do not qualify for medical or food application and therefore neither sex toys. This is what the cheapest TPE Dolls are made of. The composition include the following materials so you might want to think twice before getting a cheap TPE doll copy:

POLYVINYL CHLORIDE (PVC): Containing dangerous chemical additives including phthalates, lead, cadmium and/or organotins.
STYRENE ACRYLONITRILE (SAN): Classified as a Class 2B carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).
POLYSTYRENE (PS): Containing Styrene and Benzene, suspected carcinogens and neurotoxins that are hazardous to humans.
POLY METHYL METHACRYLATE (PMMA): Suspected to be carcinogen, causing allergic reactions, immunotoxicity and organ system toxicity.
ACRYLONITRILE BUTADIENE STYRENE (ABS): A petroleum based plastic, the only non-toxic one of this list.
STYRENE MALEIC ANHYDRIDE (SMA): Known irritant to humans. Severe skin burns and itching have been reported following dermal contact. Can cause conjunctivitis, inflammation and swelling of eyelids, severe lacrimation and photophobia.

Having doubts? Simply make a Google research with the name of the component above + “toxicity”

A lot of people have been reporting health issues because of these fake dolls in the past, do you care? Not really it seems. Well this is called having empathy for others and protecting people the best as possible.

This is no conspiracy theory and has strictly nothing to do with TDF, you are just mixing things up and have exactly what could be referred to as a psychopathic and manipulative personality. You are so stirred up because your admin privileges were removed (which btw you should have never had in the 1st place) that you are now trying to manipulate others into believing that you are the victim here. But don't worry, your reputation is safe, and these posts have been removed all together. No sir you haven't been "shamed" as your big ego likes to put it, you have simply been told how wrong you were.

Does Alibaba or other B2B places have a minority of legit quality sellers? Certainly but this was not what you were saying at all

Is a fake low cost doll the same as a medical grade TPE one? No it is not. I beg to differ.

High cost TPE also known as food grade or medical grade thermoplastic elastomers are the safest kind, and are free of PVC, phthalate plasticizers, Bisphenol A or latex. Let’s break down their product composition below:

POLYARYLATE (PAR): No toxicity observed
POLYETHERSULFONE (PES): No toxicity observed
POLYETHER IMIDE (PEI): No toxicity observed, flame, smoke & fully toxicity compliant material
POLYPHENYLSULFONE (PPSU): No toxicity observed (used to make baby bottles)
THERMOPLASTIC POLYIMIDE (TPI): No toxicity, doesn’t contain any reactive chemicals
POLYAMIDE IMIDE (PAI): No toxicity observed

Having doubts? Simply make a Google research with the name of the component above + “toxicity”

In these COVID-19 times, masks are a perfect example of the difference between real products that have quality certifications and fake ones.

Real N95 respirator is a respiratory protective device designed to achieve a very close facial fit and very efficient filtration of airborne particles. The 'N95' designation means that when subjected to careful testing, the respirator blocks at least 95 percent of very small (0.3 micron) test particles.

Fake N95 however will not protect you at all or filter anything

I don't think you are dusting yourself off or that water has gone under the bridge. I think that you have 0 sense of responsibilities, empathy for others or lack of remorse for what you did. And now you are taking this to ODC where I will happily explain the exact truth as of why your tongue is even more toxic than your fake dolls.
https://www.finelovedolls.com/ Browse among more than 1000 gorgeous models or create your own doll 100% custom from head to toe!

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 11:44:56 AM »
Let me make this crystal clear.

Any dispute, argument, disagreement, etc on or at any other forum, is best left there.

W9JYD, I'm sure you recognize that most of the people running this forum, helped run another forum many years ago, and you were one of the most discussed people in management back then almost a decade ago.

Having visited Dollsbook and reading your posts I'm seeing that not much has changed.

I strongly suggest that it may be to everyone's benefit if you just stay there.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

Cakku

• Lurker
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2020, 06:01:23 AM »
I figure this might be good place to post my experience with Alibaba.
First of all I'm not experienced doll owner, so I might not be able to spot the differences of so called brand dolls to cheaper ones and neither do I have any ties in the industry to help me, so you should take my post with that in mind.

To start with, the supplier I went with is https://asdoll.en.alibaba.com/ I still don't know what their status is exactly, I'm guessing supplier who may or may not be owned by manufacturer. I'll go ahead and say I can't give this supplier honest recommendation, but depending on your needs they may be fine. I saw some discrepancies in their product listings, marketing material and invoices, so you need pay attention to all the details.

So this supplier has interesting selection of brands to choose from and I wanted to get one of the dolls they had under 6ye brand. I thought it was quite risky as it wasn't event the supposed manufacturer's model, but I decided to go forward with it anyways. I wanted a pretty basic looking body, without all the "realistic" features many of the brand dolls new models are advertised with, so I figured I wouldn't be too disappointing if the order didn't turnout to be exactly what it was called.

After negotiating the order and details with their sales rep, my previous doubts were proven true. When it was time to pay and I got the profoma invoice, the doll was listed as simply "AS150D". If I was ordering one of the premium models, this would have been time to back off. But I was prepared for it and thought the brand didn't matter that much for me, if the measurements and the look was right, so I went ahead.
Still this is the kind of shady practice that isn't acceptable by our standards and you should look out for.

Now onto the production, it took about a week for the supplier to contact me after payment, to tell me the manufacturing was complete and gave me couple factory photos. There was some difference in the make up to promo pictures, but I don't know how close they are expected to be really. The model or shape looked fine so I gave it an okay and the doll started it's long journey with economy shipping.

I think I'll summarize my thoughts from after receiving the doll.
-The heads I received have 6ye logo and their quick connector.
-The body has what looks like threaded neck, but the head connectors do fit on it. There is no "plate" on the neck, like what I've seen on some 6ye bodies.
-The skeleton feels like upgraded standard one, it has shrugging shoulders, even tho I did not order those, neither was it mentioned anywhere.
-I measured the body and all the sizes seem to be as advertised, with in margin of error.
-Smell and taste tests were favorable  :P, the doll has light scent, but it's not a bad smell.

Now with this I would be pretty darn happy with my purchase with the price considered (850$ with an extra head).
But unfortunately I found two problems with the doll, which I've contacted the supplier with, and still working on resolution.

First of all the doll's joints are quite perfect except for the hip joints. Overly tight or loose joints seem to be the norm with these products, but in my case one of the legs is practically impossible to move and even the other one takes so much force to work with I fear the skeleton might not be able to take it. I don't expect a replacement, so I think my only option is doing a surgery and trying to loosen the joint that's stuck. If I manage the repair it would be less trouble for me too as I'm otherwise happy with the body.

Second issue I had is with the two heads I got. One of them is perfect fit, while for the other the neck is too thick, causing an ugly bulge over the seam. I'm unsure if the models are incompatible or if it's a manufacturing error as the neck opening on the heads is different in shape. While both were displayed on same size bodies in the catalog, it turns out one of them is slightly smaller in size, about 2cm or 1? smaller in diameter and 1cm in height/width. I don't think the size difference would be problem, if only the neck would fit in it.

That's all for now and while I have these couple issues to work out, I don't regret my purchase. After moving the doll around for a bit and allready damaging the skin in couple places, I take this as a great way to learn about handling dolls for an economic price  :laugh:.

ps. I'll attach picture of the manual, as it might give a hint for anyone interested in the real origin of the doll, there's no brand name on it so I couldn't tell.

Cakku

• Lurker
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2020, 10:24:47 AM »
I have to post an short update for my previous story, because it seems I was wrong about the suppliers honesty/authenticity. :o
As I was trying to get her leg moving, I found out she has ball joints at hip and I don't know other Chinese brands using those, so turns out it's what's advertised!

The after sales service is still as bad as you may imagine, but It's not a bad deal even if I have to spend some of my time to fix up. :laugh:

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2020, 10:48:35 AM »
Thanks for posting that information.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

DarthDerpDerp

• New Resident
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2020, 08:16:58 AM »
Inspired by this post, I have decided to give it a try as well, ordering a 165 6YE N cup doll with an N103 head.  I used the contact of Taylor at JellyNew, and have had a very open dialogue and pleasant experience so far.  If anything, their answers were the most responsive I have seen in this business to date, and I have owned 3 dolls (one of which was a bugspray-smelling garbage-y pile of goo from a 3rd party vendor, and two that were full TDF-vendor price that are 'ok' (though not quite to my requests - like getting one hollow and one solid breast from my SRSD purchase of a 161 6YE...which I identified to them, and said simply "I will pass this on to production"). 

For the price they are asking, (several hundred dollars below TDF-affiliate vendors) the experiment may end poorly, but I'm deeply curious at this point.

Despite the rancor above, it seems like we are discussing two separate things here: The potential validity of vetted Alibaba vendors (like JellyNew, potentially...we'll see after my own results) vs. "Alibaba as such", which seems like a 'this vendor ON Amazon' vs. Amazon issue.  Am I framing that correctly?

rockyx

• New Resident
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2020, 08:40:24 AM »
My first Aliexpress experience. Probably what everyone expected. 400USD

Second time i did a bit of research on comments and found a maker called Hanidoll. 640USD

Definitely a hit or miss.

rockyx

• New Resident
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2020, 05:49:48 PM »
It's a cosplay of a game character named Marie Rose from Dead or Alive. I got a doll that's similar in appearance and stature to create a 1:1 model. Cosplay cost another 220 USD with the boots.

Fantastic Plastic

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2020, 10:40:00 PM »
Aliexpress is run by Alibaba.com if I’m not mistaken.
The owner of Jarliet doll referred me there and I was able to buy some heads and a few dolls for practically wholesale prices from their official Jarliet Aliexpress page.
I got this 171cm beauty for $900 shipped! :o