Author Topic: Lipstick on a TPE Doll  (Read 160 times)

ToyotaTRD

• New Resident
Lipstick on a TPE Doll
« on: July 31, 2020, 03:44:05 PM »
As my doll is on the way I wanted to know if any of you apply lipstick to your dolls. If so, what kind or brand do you use? Is there a problem with permanent staining?
Once again, any advice would be most helpful.

senso

• Resident
Re: Lipstick on a TPE Doll
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 12:46:26 AM »
I've asked that question in the past too. Since I've gotten more experience and tried different things, I think regular
lipstick in the stick form works the best. I don't think the brand matters too much but the cheapest ones might not be too
good. The ones I got cost from about $4 to $8. I think it's more important that they are fairly fresh. If it's old stock, it is
usually dry and hard to apply. So stay away from Aliexpress. I've had good luck with ebay.

I think it is best to apply with an artists brush or small foam applicator. If you want glossy lips, a little baby oil works good,
but dulls again in about half an hour.

The lipstick "stains" so try not to get it on parts you don't want. It can be helpful to remove the head, but not necessary and
use a magnifier. The lipstick will mostly fade over time so it is not really permanent.

Also right after applying, especially if it is heavy, it can smear easily so it can be a good idea to blot it with tissue.

Halleheals

• Sr. Resident
  • Aka Dees Luver and Journey’s slave
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 04:59:36 PM »
I have had no luck with regular lipstick, I use pressed powder, same as eye shadow, apply with a Very small fine Makeup brush
It won’t last long if you kiss her but you can also clean it off easy to change her up
On a tpe doll you can use baby oil on a Q tip to clean mistakes and make fine edges, use soap and water on a silicone doll, baby oil is dangerous to silicone
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

Fantastic Plastic

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 12:36:30 AM »
I also find that different brands of powder makeup seem to hold better than others.
I believe it’s how fine they are milled.
My favorite so far is Makeup Forever brand eyeshadow.
Goes in a bit better than cheaper stuff.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
  • Dollmongerer
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 06:48:07 PM »
Lip gloss works great. Also can be permanent on sheets and shirts.