Author Topic: Amateur trepanation....  (Read 78 times)

phillip57

• Sr. Resident
Amateur trepanation....
« on: October 05, 2020, 11:35:45 PM »
Placing and removing Natalie's head on the spinner neck was bothering me. The pressure of the trapped air pocket preventing the head to fully seat on the neck, and suction while removing, although that wasn't so bad when grabbing it right.

So I sharpened the end of a brass tube, put water based lube in the neck cavity, and pushed the tube through the top of her head at the back of the neck cavity.

No trapped air, no suction. 

Unfortunately, I cannot reduce the pixels of the photo's taken by the iPhone, so all of the pics I took but one wouldn't go into the gallery. http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

The Masterpiece eyes are lovely, but they are only a hemisphere. Even with water based lube in the eye sockets, the edges still catch the silicone of the socket preventing fine adjustment.  I'm thinking of using epoxy putty to fill the back of the hemisphere, at least to round the edge so hopefully the the hemisphere will be more of an eyeball which can be minutely adjusted in the lubed socket.  Any thoughts?

Phil

All things are relative.

phillip57

• Sr. Resident
Re: Amateur trepanation....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 01:05:19 AM »
All things are relative.