Author Topic: Nipple makeup question  (Read 4183 times)

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Nipple makeup question
« on: December 13, 2010, 04:11:36 PM »
Hey everyone. I have an idea how to go about what I'm gonna ask, but I would like some advice on something.

I have to retouch Sandy's nipples/areolas. I want to reproduce the original soft transition from areola colour to her skin colour. its a soft transition as opposed to a sharp transition.
I've been putting this off for a while now because I want to get this right.

Can you guys give me some suggestions and tips on how to best achive this so when I seal it in it won't mess up?
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable Real Breast prosthetic breasts.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Re: Nipple makeup question
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 04:29:48 PM »
Do you have any pics of the effect you are trying to reproduce ?

I Love good areola pics !
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables."

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 05:01:16 PM »
Here's 2 shots showing Sandy's nips....you can see...the boarder of her areola has a nice soft blend into the rest of her breast.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable Real Breast prosthetic breasts.

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
Ceej, best thing I can say is powder the whole thing then softly wipe the edge of powder.  When I redid Sam's a while back I did the same thing and used the 'pad on a stick thingy' (have no idea the real name  :P) to wipe/soften the edge.

muzza

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 11:36:09 PM »
They look perfect to me.

What else can I say.

muz
Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 12:55:38 PM »
Thanks Muz... Those are pix from Sandy's arrival day. the colour has worn around the edges and on the nips....I want to get them back to how they look in the pix.

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 03:58:07 PM »
Wish I could help, but all of my painting techniques focus on coverage, durability and shine.

I guess that is an aspect that I never considered. It does make them look more natural, though.

Guy Louis has a line of silicone paints. If they can be thinned and airbrushed then a fade would be easy to do.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 04:41:22 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys...I'm not in a rush just yet so I'll be thinking about this for a bit before I do this minor fix.

Titman

• Doll Manufacturer
  • Resident
    • Maidlee Doll
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 08:04:43 AM »
CJD,

The following method is for my dolls' nipple makeup. Just for your reference.

I used paint thinner to brush over the painted area to open up the surface for painting. It will keep the painting bond to the surface better. Mix a small patch of ecoflex 1A and 1B then add a little bit  toluene to dilute it. Then add color pigment. Stir them well then apply on the nipple. A thin layer at a time. You need to apply maybe couple layers because the silicone has been diluted. After that use a dry brush dab around the nipple to create the soft edge effect. Let it dry and it's done. I use ecoflex as the body plus color pigment to paint. Silicone will stick with silicone. That's why I use ecoflex. If the silicone is too thick , after it dry it will looks shinny, you can use a Q-tip to dab on the nipple when it's still sticky, close to cure condition and it will not become shinny. Hope I can explain it well.

Good luck
Titman

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
    • Doll Teashop
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 02:26:27 AM »
For photos, I retouch them with brown eye shadow (or whatever you call it). It wears off quickly, of course, but it works as a short term fix. Wiping the edge with a cloth seems to create a bit of a color blend.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 04:30:42 AM »
Thank-you guys. Still need to do this...gues I'm procrastinating huh? I think I'm gonna tackle this on my next vacation when I can clear my  mind and simply concentrate on the touch-up.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 03:32:25 PM »
Thank-you everyone for your advice and help.   well, I finally got off my lazzy ass and did Sandy's body makeup retouch.

I've been a bit reluctant to do the touchup. fear it was harder than It really was. I got nips, nails and a few blemished redone in a few hours.
her areola turned out pretty much as I hoped only they look a bit bigger now.

B-Zilla

• Sr. Resident
  • Doll Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 03:46:48 PM »
It seems to me like an airbrush would be your best bet for getting that soft transition between areola and breast. Good luck.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 10:13:55 AM »
I took a quick pic of how her boobie turned out...I know the airbrush is the better way to go...but I'll admit lazziness prevailed. (I have a lot to do in order to set up my airbrush) so I ended up using a makeup applicator sponge to carfully thin out the edges...the areola turned out a little larger than they were originally. but I got the efffect I was after. I was even able to fix those little "fly away" peices of silicone that separate at the wrists and back of the ankles. Just brush the area with a bit of clear silicone thinned with d-limonen, and then dob away the excess to make a seamless touchup.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »
Did an excellent job Ceej. It looks great!!! :)

Take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, and Amiko.