Author Topic: Anyone ever deal with the Dolllpark.com website or retail location?  (Read 1861 times)

lance uppercut

• Resident
Hey all  :)
I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with the http://www.dollpark.com website or with their physical location? I may have a vacation in my future and might be close enough for a visit, I've never seen a mpd leeloo or Sophie in person and would want to check one out. If anybody has any input I would, as always, greatly appreciate it  :D

Eva Kumiko

• Doll Account
  • Resident
Re: Anyone ever deal with the Dolllpark.com website or retail location?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 03:28:15 PM »
As far as I recall, Dollpark was a reseller of both Mechadoll and Dreamdoll, and so was Andree Schulz. It seems that those worlds have been split. The small picture on the Dollpark website that links to the video, shows a Dreamdoll face, but the brand isn't offered on the site. I can't find them either in the Dreamdoll reseller list. Dollpark offers Mechadoll, Teddybabes, and (if I'm right) 1st PC dolls now.
Andree Schulz is now the official German reseller of Dreamdoll. He announced that Mechadolls are no longer available, see this post by zazakell:
http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1724.0
Oh boy, what happened to zaza. I can't stand being clueless.

If you can visit them and buy a doll from the showroom, there is little risk. If not, I wouldn't know.
If you can visit them, why not both resellers? You can find Andree Schulz here: http://www.dreamdoll.de/
Both are located in northern Germany, the one north of Bremen, the other north of Lubeck, so Hamburg is between them. Distance: about 2h 30' driving.
Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuss auf Liebe eingestellt.
1930, Friedrich Hollaender

lance uppercut

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 02:21:17 PM »
Thanks for all the info Eva  :D , I honestly expected to get nothing other than a couple of "I don't know, no idea, haven't dealt with them" kinds of posts. I've read about the saga that Zaza went through and he is a saint for looking out for everyone else with not wanting them to commit to a purchase for a doll that would never be delivered and all.
I know that the ship has sailed on acquiring one of these classics which is a great tragedy but I wanted to look at one in person to see if pictures do them justice, I'm thinking no.
The vacation is a whiles off, maybe early spring so I'm not ruling out a trek to both retailers. There are a million places I would like to see during a trip like this but I think it would be something unique to plan ahead for so I really do appreciate all the information.  :)

siliconelover

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 06:40:04 AM »
Hi Lance,

I have had quite a few communications over the past two plus years with the people at DollPark. They have always been quick to answer e mails and seem very upfront and honest. Jim Arthur of MPD supplied them with the Leeloo's that they sold and unfortunately since he is no longer in business, they are no longer available. (the Leeloo doll)

If you have any questions just fire off an e mail to them and I am sure that they will answer quickly. Why don't you tell them that you are planning a trip to see them and let them know in advance what you are looking for and they will be able to tell you what your options are.

Good Luck

Seeing a Leeloo in person would have Blown you Away ...

So here's the next best thing !
SEX, DOLLS & ROCK N ROLL

lance uppercut

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 11:23:54 AM »
Thanks for the response S2L  :)
Yeah I kinda knew the Jim A. was the supplier of Leeloo/Sophie and had been out of business for a while which is a shame. I wasn't sure if the good people at DollPark had a surplus of finished product, if they bought the casts and formula from Jim and started rolling on their own or what the deal was. With their site being updated occasionally one would think that they would remove items they are longer able to sell.
With the vacation still a ways off I am debating whether I would even want to see Sophie/Leeloo in person. Just seeing your pics breaks my heart just a bit knowing that they are entirety unavailable at this point. I know there is always the outside chance one will come up for resale but those opportunities are few and far between.
But in any case thanks again for your response, I really do appreciate it  ;D