Author Topic: Happiness is on a mission  (Read 18568 times)

happiness

• Sr. Resident
Re: Happiness is on a mission
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 02:25:14 PM »
LorileiXAlec  had already ordered her doll by the time I discovered her posts. With the doll already on its way and considering her excitement, I didn't want to rain on her parade.
So, I told her he would be heavy and that she would definitely need a wheeled chair and a stand. Roust PM'd her to discuss the weight, but her response was typical; she's in shape, she doesn't believe she's underestimated the weight...etc.  Several people touched on the weight, but outside of Roust, no one emphasized it.

I believe that she will still enjoy her doll, but she will not be able to enjoy the doll in all the ways she had dreamed. Roust told her about the stand and sent her a link. Perhaps she'll make one.

I'm sure people will be very helpful with advice when she comes back to post. Oooooh, Roust just mentioned the dolly dolly. That might be a better idea than a straight out stand. I'm going to go post to her thread.  :)
I've never met a Doll I didn't like!!!

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 07:53:49 PM »
I have to get back to work on my Dolly-Dolly...

Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

Gilda

• Resident
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 10:15:41 PM »
I Believe that a thin guy with 5'7" or  5'8" not muscular could be a nice way for the girls.
At least for me, my favorite kind of men are the skiny guys. In nature they are lighter too.
For real the perfect body for me is that in the pic...

Just like an angel.

Muscular dolls mean havier dolls.
Smaller dolls can be confused as kids or they will be almost caricature.

I think that if there where 2 models: one skiny and other muscular as Adam, it would be perfect for everybody.

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 11:22:47 PM »
 :o  BUT ... did you have to shoot him with an arrow?

Z-Dr

• City Engineer
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2011, 02:26:52 AM »
And A flu-flu at that!  But you did say he was an angel... ::)
(flu-flus are for shooting birds in case you did not know)

AVTH

• Resident
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
Maybe sinewy body model is good (lighter but also visible muscles like dancers body).
But i am very satisfied of my Adam face and body shape. He looks perfect from any angles  ;D

I think that volume of the body is most related with weight. Probably it is possible make lighter "muscular" body...

Gilda

• Resident
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »
:o  BUT ... did you have to shoot him with an arrow?

Yep.. this is my personal angel. That was the day I've met him for the first time. I mistook the angel with a dove.

But he forgave me about the arrow. He wants to stay with me forever, but he needs a fisical body for it. :angel:

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Lone Star living
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »
Nicely centered shot.

You've had practice!  :laugh:

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

happiness

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2011, 01:15:45 PM »
I don't care so much for the tall, thin form. But I don't have to have a lot of muscle either. It doesn't matter if the silicone is in the height, or in the muscle, it all equals heavy weight. A well proportioned doll in 5'4 range, with a handsome rugged face will not be cartoonish nor young looking.

AVTH, your Adam is beautiful. I'd love to have a male doll just like him, but smaller. I'm just not strong enough to lift him.  ^-^

Gilda, what do you think about the Abyss Body B? He's thin and tall, 5'9. His weight is 90-95 pounds. He looks similar to the body in your pic.  :) Would your doll be just for the bedroom, or would you pose and photograph him? What weight range would be comfortable for you? Forgive me for being nosy, but I really would like to know what other girls think. I hope that we can both get what we want in a doll.  :)

Gilda

• Resident
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2011, 04:42:19 PM »
Hey Happiness!

I also feel happy to see other girls with the same love about dolls!
I'll try to answer your questions;

About the abyss body B: Yes, I thought about it. But  I think they shine a lot, and you really need to powder them... Sins seems to have a more natural skin, RD also have not a good navel... and  the Adams are so full of details... And I'm a perffectionist.. :P  Indeed he is thin, but I think that 5'9 is not the ideal - too tall.
5'9=175cm
5'4 = 163 cm
I'd rather something like 5'5 - 5'7  =  168 cm - 170 cm.  168cm would be the best. :angel: :angel: :angel:

About posing  = Yes!!!! Posing and bad of course! hahaha I'd love to take photos of/with him.
Weight? Something about 80 - 90 pounds is possible - I am trying to imagine a doll-stand for a doll like this.
Indeed I've suggested it in a pre-existent topic   http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1377.msg32770#msg32770   and the  guys are being very kind trying to imagine something for us : Girls future owners of male dolls.

You are not being nosy!
It's so nice to make friends!
I have some more ideas for a male doll made for girls. Pehaps for boys too, of course.
We'll go talking. ;) :-*

Bronwen

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2011, 06:15:26 PM »
Gilda, I have a recommendation for you. If you have any petite friends or friend's children in the 90lb weight range, try to carry them when they are being limp. Ask them to be like dead weight and see if you can manage. The reason I say this is because I am 5'6" tall and I am of average strength for a woman. I cannot carry a doll over 80lb by myself. The weight of a doll, especially a tall one, is very difficult to manage if you don't have a lot of upper body strength, and that's especially true if the doll is taller than you. It's not the same thing as carrying a heavy box or even a piece of furniture because those things are rigid. Definitely do some tests for yourself so that you have a working knowledge of what you can realistically manage. Also, keep in mind that dolls SEEM bigger in person than they really are. Especially if you use a stand.
Champagne for My Real Friends, Real Pain for My Sham Friends

roustabout

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2011, 11:00:39 PM »
I can attest to the fact that the dolls seem taller in person. Stacy seems taller than her 5'4" and that is before the 4" added by her stand. The main problems I have lifting her is that there is no good place to grab on to and I need to lift her high enough that her feet are safe. The taller the doll, the more difficult it will be to transport. Now add the weight to the equation and you have a recipe for disaster .  :o 
Planning your moves is a critical step in doll survival training.  ;D
I consider a doll stand a must for any silicone doll owner Camp's design has worked well for us.
Stacy is a Realdoll body 7 face 2.

N. poeticus

• Sr. Resident
  • too boringly sane for me to stay awake here
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2011, 12:41:23 PM »

I can see Cupid shot him good:

As the myth goes, Venus' subjects forgot to worship her because her subjects were so fond of the lovely Psyche, she became jealous, and so she had Cupid attempt to make Psyche fall in love with the vilest thing in the world.  But instead, Cupid accidentally pricked himself with one of his arrows that was supposed to make Psyche fall in love with the vilest thing in the world, but instead it made him fall in love with her! 

But you don't need arrows, Gilda, to get your boy, just enough money to afford him!   :laugh:
Genesis 2:18  "The [Doll] God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a [doll] suitable for him.”

Matthew 5:16 "Let your [photos] so shine before men, that they may see your [pretty dollies], and glorify [their Doll Maker]."

my photos: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11660

Videos of my mannequin Kristen can be watched here on my YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo50bfTa6YGkjEMY6SJRckkgAY-SBq_kJ

happiness

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2011, 06:30:53 PM »
 :) Gilda, I agree with you about the Male dolls of Abyss. I find them too plastic looking. Adam of Lovable Dolls is in a whole other league. I cannot wait till Sinthetics comes out with a male doll! Their female dolls are AMAZING. I love the realism. I don't have a doubt that they will put as much care and attention into the male doll.

:) Bronwen, Yes! It is nice to hear a woman who has experience with these dolls, speak about the weight. It's easy for someone who's never lifted one of these dolls to underestimate the weight. As Roust said above, our Stacy is 87 pounds, 5'4 inches. That doesn't sound bad, but she has a presence that makes her seem physically larger, and the girl is HEAVY. Roust is tall and strong, and he struggles with her. I can barely lift her, and get her to a chair. I'm afraid I'll hurt her, or I'll hurt myself. I wouldn't even attempt to lift a 5'9, 90-100+ pound doll. Roust and I usually move Stacy together.

I hope for a doll light enough that I can maneuver on my own. I think a shorter doll that has some muscle or definition would be the most realistic way to bring the weight down to a manageable 70-75 pound range. A thin, short doll could look childlike, unless the face is obviously older; and I'm not sure that look would appeal to the broader audience.

Here's a cutie just to prove that good things come in small packages!!! :P  :-*

Gilda

• Resident
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2011, 08:56:08 PM »
Gilda, I have a recommendation for you. If you have any petite friends or friend's children in the 90lb weight range, try to carry them when they are being limp. Ask them to be like dead weight and see if you can manage. The reason I say this is because I am 5'6" tall and I am of average strength for a woman. I cannot carry a doll over 80lb by myself. The weight of a doll, especially a tall one, is very difficult to manage if you don't have a lot of upper body strength, and that's especially true if the doll is taller than you. It's not the same thing as carrying a heavy box or even a piece of furniture because those things are rigid. Definitely do some tests for yourself so that you have a working knowledge of what you can realistically manage. Also, keep in mind that dolls SEEM bigger in person than they really are. Especially if you use a stand.

Hi Bronwen!
 Nice tip! And I did it already!
My brother visited me today with his daughter.  They left right now and for my lucky I've read your post before they leave.
So I asked to pick up my niece whose weight is 89.5 pounds. (I've noticed that when she weighed 76.5 pounds it was much easier to get her in my arms).
I did what you said: I've asked to her to act as a dead weight, but a child never does exactelly what is asked, so she moved a little ( specially her arms)
I will not say it was easy, but it was not impossible, but I  really got a little tired ..
Maybe 90 pounds really is not very healthy for the column in the medium term. Despite I do pillates classes 3 times a week...

Thanks again about the tips, now I understand  what I really want:
Something with the proportions of  Realdoll2 Male body B with a better skin and more detailed, with 165cm ( 10 cm less than Realdoll) and weighting about 75-80 pounds .

Happiness: me too! I cannot wait till Sinthetics comes out with a male doll! They will be the Ferrari of Male dolls.

I am learning so much with you all guys and girls!
Tkx a lot :-*