Author Topic: An Anime Thread, MK II  (Read 112965 times)

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
Re: An Anime Thread, MK II
« Reply #765 on: February 16, 2019, 11:22:04 AM »
Been a while since I've posted here.

Currently I'm at Katsucon which is right outside Washington DC.  What is Katsucon you may ask, well simply put, it's a GINORMOUS anime convention.  Every type of anime and character of pop culture are here being displayed and no, I didn't dress up :P. but have ideas for our group.

I'm here with friends, one of which has been coming to this for over 10+ years and no it's not Davecat.   Sadly, he's not here.

Anywho, lots on anime, gaming, kids shows, and such cosplayers abound with My Hero Academia being the king.  Was pleasantly surprised to see there was a photo op for Tokusatsu (live action stuff, think Power Rangers only better) The average age here is definitely in the early 20s so kinda feeling like the old guy at the club.

Getting pics and will see about getting them put up

Talk ltr, Euch

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #766 on: February 16, 2019, 01:26:55 PM »
That is fantastic you found a large anime convention / expo to attend Euchre !!  :) Now you can get
an idea of what it's like attending the Anime-Expo (AX) in L.A. Still hoping you & Davecat might make
your way to L.A. one day for the AX.

Very much want to see the pics you took !

You take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #767 on: March 31, 2019, 08:12:14 PM »
Some interesting stuff has happened lately with my anime watchings I thought I would share here...

Megalo Box had it's last episode on March 23 on Toonami. The ending was a good one. Very much liked
how it all ended. It was a pretty decent series to watch.

To replace Megalo Box, They decided to show two episodes of Sword Art Online- Alicization instead of one.
They also did this due to a glitch that happened on March the 16th with episode 6. The episode while showing
"Locked Up" on the folks there and could not be completed. Toonami announced on their Facebook page that
they would re-show episode 6 on the 23rd and episodes 7 & 8 would be shown back-to-back on the 30th.
While watching on the 30th, they showed that SAO- Alicization would be showing two episodes again on April
6th.

Hunter X Hunter has finally completed the Caimera Ant arc / storyline. The final episodes of that arc really hit
me emotionally. They were very well done.

They also may be showing two episodes of SAO-Alicization at a time due to folks waiting for part 2 of season 3
of Attack On Titan. Not sure why they are doing it this way. You would think they would just call it season 4.
Guessing that it's a continuation of the current storyline that somehow got delayed. It will start at episode 50
when ready.

Still have a number of other anime to complete watching. Gridman SSSS, Hyperdimention Neptunia, and Highschool
DxD (The beginning episodes...). Been busy with other stuff and planning for this years Anime-Expo. Have a list a
mile long of other anime I've seen previews of and wish to watch !  ???

That's all for now. Take care all !  litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #768 on: April 08, 2019, 03:17:27 AM »
It looks like Toonami is going to stop showing back-to-back episodes of Sword Art Online (SAO...) Alicization.
Instead, they are introducing an anime called "The Promised Neverland" at 12 am Eastern Time (11 Central...)
on the 14th (13th of April...). This is an anime I have never heard of before, so I quickly looked at the Wikipedia
about it. It involves a bunch of orphans who are living a decent life at their orphanage, but through the story you
find out things are not all that wonderfull for them. It is a short series that is only 12 episodes long.

Take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #770 on: April 09, 2019, 03:51:24 AM »
Found this english dub preview of The Promised Neverland...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV0p9X8878k

Saw on Sankaku Complex there are plans to have Season II in 2020.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #771 on: May 20, 2019, 05:15:25 PM »
On 5/25/19 (Saturday...), Toonami is finally going to show part 2 of season 3 of Attack On Titan. The story will pick up
at episode 50.

Unfortunately they also plan to do another time shift of their broadcasting schedule and show it at 11:30pm Eastern
(10:30pm for me in the Central Time Zone...). This means I won't be around to watch it in real time due to work.  >:(
Also, Toonami will start at 10:30pm Eastern Time / 9:30pm Central which means their programming day will once again
end at 3:30am Sunday Eastern / 2:30am Central. Will now have to catch up on three anime instead of two ( My Hero
Academia, Attack On Titan, and The Promised Neverland...). Shame they've completely re-trenched back to what their
programming was before they tried "The Big Experiment" and ran for 7 hours straight without being split up by any
regular Adult Swim garbage.

Hunter X Hunter is getting closer to being completed and The Promised Neverland has reached it's midpoint being a 13
episode anime only at this point.

Anyhow, Take care all and happy watching ! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #772 on: May 22, 2019, 01:25:37 PM »
Was wondering if anyone was watching this...

This is Chou Kadou Girl 1/6.  Been seeing articles on Sankaku Complex about this and a good amount of favorible reviews for it.
Falling behind on my anime watchings lately due to just not enough time and other projects !

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #773 on: May 25, 2019, 01:26:16 PM »
Out of curiosity, I did find Chou Kadou Girl 1/6 at my site I watch anime online. It is adorable ! !
I've only watched the first two episodes at this point, but do want to watch the rest when I can.
The cute blond girl is Nona who is supposedly a figurine the main male character bought, but there's
a lot more involved...

This anime is for anyone who wished their figurines could actually come to life and interact with them.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #774 on: June 12, 2019, 03:22:40 AM »
One of the anime on Toonami I've been watching has finally ended. Jo - Jo's Bizzare Adventure, Diamond Is Unbreakable
finished up last late Saturday / early Sunday (June 8th / 9th...). At this point, they don't plan to air the next series that
came out (Forgot it's title...). Instead, Lupin the III Part 5 will be airing instead. I'm not really a Lupin fan, but part 4
was pretty good. Part 5 looks like it will have a lot of action to it.

I should have also posted sooner that the creator of the Lupin series passed away a couple of months ago. Kazuhiko
Kato was his real name but went by the moniker "Monkey Punch" .

Got a nice surprise when last weekend's episode of Sword Art Online Alicization showed. Was concerned that Toonami
would have to censor a certain character named "The Pontifex". Once again they came through without any censoring
 :D

Can see now why some of us love anime !!

Anyhow, been mainly busy getting ready for this years Anime-Expo which will be happening shortly. Will do my best taking pics !

Take care & keep watching !  litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #775 on: June 22, 2019, 01:04:00 PM »
Hunter X Hunter is finally coming to a close this early Sunday morning (6/23/19) or next Sunday. Tonight is supposedly
the last episode of the series unless I missed one for next weekend. It was a pretty good series with a good amount of
arcs in it.

To replace it on July 6th at 3am Eastern Time, Toonami will be premiring Gundam - The Origin. Advent of the Red Comet.

Getting very close for the Anime-Expo !! The most important event for me will be attending the premire of PROMARE !!  :)
Trigger Studios will be showing the two hour movie along with their panel afterwards (3 hour event...).

Take care & keep watching !  litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #776 on: June 30, 2019, 09:06:22 PM »
A lot of emotionally charged episodes / events happend this round on Toonami (Jun 28th / 29th...).

On My Hero Academia, A student from class 1-A came through for the others by almost "Sacrifying"
himself so that all the others in his class could pass a licensing test.

The one that really hit hard was the Attack On Titan episode that was shown. Captain Levi had to
make a very difficult decision on which person to save due to both were on the verge of dying and
he had the means to save only one of them. This was very emotionally filled with pleas from those
who knew the two persons and their reasons why each should live when only one could be saved.
This was one of these episodes where I was saying "How can the Japanese create such a piece of
work that runs on all cylinders ! ?". This episode really hit home with me.

The Promised Neverland had it's final episode (Season 1...). Aired. You finally got to find out the
story behind Isabella (Mom...) who took care of the orphans. Season II is in production for 2020.

Naruto Shippuden showed the episode where all the village's Hokage and soldiers were getting
ready to fight the mighty war. The scene where you see all the soldiers lined up and cheering the
Hokage was amazing !

An encore presentation of the Hunter X Hunter episode I mentioned above about king Muereum
dying and wanting to spend his last moments with Komike was shown again. This one is always
emotionally filled.

To replace The Promised Neverland, Food Wars will be premiring on July 6th at 1am Eastern Time.

The new Gundam series will also be premiring I mentioned in my last posting.

It looks like Toonami is going to shift it's time slot again. They'll be starting / ending their programming
an half hour later. They have moved My Hero Academia to the final half hour (3:30am Eastern...) which
means I will now be able to watch this real time, but I will lose the ability to watch Sword Art Online -
Alicization real time. Will have to time shift that one (Re - Watch on Xfinity...).

The #1 event that folks wish to see / do at the AX is see the premire of My Hero Academia 4. They're
requiring wristbands for entry to this event since so many wish to see this.

Anyhow, about ready to head out for the Anime - Expo for this year ! Not sure what pics I'll be taking,
but I'll have some to show !

Take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, and Yuna.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #777 on: July 10, 2019, 11:41:11 PM »
Had a great time at the Anime-Expo despite some glitches here & there. The crowd was big for this years AX which caused a lot
of line crowding, but the management / support personel didn't make great decisions either about that. Things still went pretty
well though.

It was a bummer that Volks USA wasn't there with it's booth for it's dolls, but thanks to Nova we did go to their U.S. headquarters
& warehouse! I was like a kid in a candy store and ended up buying Yuna close to $800 worth of stuff for her. I did bring her along
so the staff there could see her and if they wanted to take pics of her in her Japanese female conductor's / motorman's outfit. She
got "pampered" by the photographer there and had pics taken. Think they mentioned they may be on Volks USA's Facebook page
somewhere.

Did get in to see the premire of PROMARE ! I wasn't in the greatest spot for reading the english subtitles, but was able to see it a-ok.
It was a pretty good movie. You can definetly see how the folks from Gurren Lagaan & Kill La Kill were involved in this. The animation
style very much looked like that used in Gurren Lagaan and the storyline reminded you a lot of Kill La Kill. If you like Mecha, you'll be
happy with this too since folks cheered everytime a new mecha version appeared.

Kaho Shibuya once again made her appearence with J-List / JAST. I saw her one time dressed up as Meiko from Prison School. Did want
to get a pic of her with Yuna, but unfortunately you needed to have a ticket or buy $60 worth of items to get in line to get a pic with her
and her autograph.

Did attend the Funimation 18+ sneak peek panel and was in tears laughing when they showed a clip from the anime "Diamdalier" (?).
Had to get that one from them the next day ! Also found out that Kantai Collection (Kantai Collie...) was finally turned into an anime
and got that one !

Of course, went figurine shopping and ended up with 18 of them this year. Also got 14 disks of anime and games. Will have to take pics
of the figurines for the "Show Your Figurine Collection" topic.

On the last day since the crowd thinned out some, Yuna got to ride on my shoulder all through the convention center. She got lots of
compliments !!

Did find out from Nova-1 that Polaroid did make it to the AX and did at least get to visit Kaho !! Glad you were able to Polar !! :) I was
back at the hotel getting ready for the showing of PROMARE! and unfortunately missed him.

Once again, big letdown that Sentai Filmworks didn't have a booth there. At least there was a representative there who I did talk to and
told her how a lot of folks were asking where to get a backpack like mine and to please have a presence at AX again. Sentai & HIDIVE
streaming are working with each other, but HIDIVE had the display / booth at AX.

I do hope to have pics to show everyone. May be a bit though since have some other stuff to take care of.

Take care all !! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

Polaroid

• Sr. Resident
  • Doll Paparazzi
« Reply #778 on: July 16, 2019, 01:37:41 AM »
Hey LL,
Sorry I missed you too but did find Nova. I was there long as family called before I could meet for dinner. I did get Kaho picture and also Harriett Sugercoockie . I did some shopping for co-worker kids (they love Naruto) but didn't take many pictures . Looking forward to next year and hope we meet up.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #779 on: July 16, 2019, 01:52:56 AM »
Hey LL,
Sorry I missed you too but did find Nova. I was there long as family called before I could meet for dinner. I did get Kaho picture and also Harriett Sugercoockie . I did some shopping for co-worker kids (they love Naruto) but didn't take many pictures . Looking forward to next year and hope we meet up.

I hope so too Polar ! Just glad you were able to have some time there and was able to see Kaho. She's such a big draw now that you now have to have
a ticket to see her. I wanted a pic with her and Yuna, but it wasn't worth the "Hoops" you had to jump through.  >:(

Pretty sure I'll be giving it another go next year, but I am wearing out quicker and almost lost Yuna due to I was falling asleep on our Lyft ride back
from Volks USA. The bag strap I had Yuna in came off my shoulder and I was in a hurry to get out of our ride. Thank goodness Nova was the man of
action and got a hold of the driver.