Author Topic: An Anime Thread, MK II  (Read 112511 times)

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: An Anime Thread, MK II
« Reply #780 on: July 22, 2019, 01:40:12 AM »
Hello again everyone. Sorry it's taking a bit to post the pics I took at Anime-Expo, but been also busy taking pics of
all the figurines I bought while there for the "Show Your Figurine Collection" topic over at the Other Dolls board. Also
just plain settling back into "Regular" life which has been busy lately.

Should let everyone know I didn't take a lot this year due to I would have ended up showing repeats of pics / subjects
I've have taken in previous expos.

Needed to post some items now though eventhough I should have done this sooner...

As some of you may know, A very unfortunate event happened in the anime world. A mentally unstable person walked
into the Kyoto Animation (Also known as KyoAmi...) studios and poured an accellerant (Gasoline...) all over and lit it on
fire. The fire happened very quickly and 34 lives were lost in the blaze. Also lost was all the original drawings and any-
thing saved on computer at the studio. The person who did this hideous act accused KyoAmi of "Plagurizing" his work.
This person already had trouble with the law from reports I've read. Kyoto Animation is the studio that gave us Lucky
Star, K-ON !, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and other titles. There is no word at this point about the future of
KyoAmi.

The other item to tell folks about is that it looks like Attack On Titan Season 3 / Part II appears to have finished on
Toonami. It's looking like in it's place will be a mecha anime called "Genlock". This is a new one to me and haven't
heard about it before. It will be premiring on Aug 3rd.

Anyhow, that's all for now. Hope to have the AX pics up soon at least here !

Take care. litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #781 on: July 25, 2019, 01:49:41 PM »
Got a surprise when I looked over Adult Swim's / Toonami's schedule for the weekend of July 27th / 28th. It looks like
Sword Art Online- Alicization has been stopped at episode 24. Not quite sure why it got stopped at that point. A pivital
moment did happen in that episode that indicates there's still more going on yet. Will have to find out online when the
series will resume.

In it's place, Toonami will be introducing "Fire Force". This anime came out recently if it is the one I think it is.

Once again I do realize not everyone has cable tv or patronizes Toonami. I mostly list the titles from there of what is
on in case anyone wishes to view those anime.

Take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #782 on: August 12, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »
Ok folks, finally found the time to post my pics I took at this years Anime-Expo (AX...). I didn't take a tremendous amount
this year since I would have repeated pics I took in previous years expos...

I always take pics of the huge banners on the main entrances to the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC...). This one on
the South Hall entrance celebrates the 40 year of the Gundam series. There was also a panel for this event...

This is the one that appeared on the West Hall entrance. Not sure what this project is about, but that is a cat in the cosmonaut
suit...

This was the first time I think AX had inflatable mascots on the front park area. The Boy you see on the left is Xeno. The girl
next to him is Ai. Put the first letters of their names together and you get AX !

Was waiting for the 10am opening of the Exhibition (Vendor's...) Hall. Took this shot of the banners & crowd...

Here's a shot down one of the isles. Lots of folks trying to get about !

A small J-pop group was preforming on stage in the Exhibition Hall. They were moving about, so sorry about the blurring...

There were figurines galore for sale ! This one of Unit 0-2 from Darling In The Franxx was very nice looking...

This figurine of Uruaka Ochacho from My Hero Academia was very cute looking !

Funimation once again had their booth for sales at AX. You could stop for a bit and watch clips on their giant screen above.
Lucky guy !! Wish I had a cutie like that kissing me out of the blue !!

This clip has a young man going into a grocery store and a group of thugs were causing trouble for him. The next thing you
see is him walking by the checkout and whistling away and this scene appears...

Due to the Expo & Blue line trains being out of service during the AX, we had to use buses to get to / from the LACC this year.
If you stayed at certain hotels, you already had a complimentary shuttle bus service to use. Some of the buses were wrapped
for certain anime. This one wore a Azur Lane scheme...

Due to the crowds this year, Me and my guests would enter the LACC using the West Hall. Here's one of their banners...

In order to get between the West Hall & South Hall, you needed to walk through a connecting corridor. Here's the entrance
at the West Hall end. You can see banners for anime above...

Yuna finally made her appearence on the last day of the expo when the crowds were less. She's dressed up as a Female Japanese
train conductor / motorman. I had to make the hat for her from scratch. Most of the time I was carrying her on my shoulder through
the crowds and she got a good amount of compliments !! She's sitting on a figurine box in this shot and watching an anime clip at the
Funimation Booth with me...

This pic has special meaning. This is where Volks USA WAS supposed to have their booth / display for this year.
Unfortunately 3 weeks before the AX, they had to cancell out due to having to take care of a major online sales
event their HQ in Japan told them to carry out. Was very upset about this, but the next day me & Nova went to
their offices / warehouse building that was in the L.A. area and had a great time shopping for our girls !!  :D
Spent close to $800 for clothing and accessories for Yuna and Nova picked up his new Snow Miku doll and some
clothing. Thank you very much Nova !!

The final thing we did at the AX was to take pics of our girls at the cosplay sets. Here's Yuna on a footbridge at the
Japanese Garden set. You'll have to forgive her awkward pose, but it is hard keeping a 22 inch high ball jointed doll
posed without a stand !

Here's Yuna sitting in front of a flowery shrub...

Despite the crowds and some "Wrenches" that got thrown in the works, it was once again a great AX this year ! Do have plans to
attend next year (2020 AX...), but this could possibly be my last "All-Out" (All 4 days...) one. It will be my sixth time attending
and I am getting older and there are other reasons that are pointing towards me putting on the brakes some.

Did end up with 18 figurines this year while shopping at the AX. I'll be sure to post those over at the "Show Your Figurine Collection"
topic over at the Other Dolls board. We did take pics of our girls in Chinatown in the evening hours after the last day at the AX. You'll
find Yuna's pics posted in the Small Dolls Board once I have them ready. Still lots of pics to prep, load, etc...

Take care all ! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #783 on: August 18, 2019, 06:33:56 PM »
While at the Anime-Expo (AX...), there was a lot of promotion for an anime called "Dr Stone". While watching my regular dose
of Toonami on the weekend, a commercial comes on for an anime and then the big announcement...

DR STONE PREMIRES ON TOONAMI ON AUGUST 24th / 25th !!  It will be broadcast at 12 Midnight Eastern Time / 11pm Central.

I know this anime came out only very recently. I'm very shocked at how fast Toonami will be showing it ! I copied a short synopsis
on what it is about...

"One fateful day, all of humanity was petrified by a blinding flash of light. After several millennia, high schooler Taiju awakens and finds himself lost in a world of statues. However, he’s not alone! His science-loving friend Senku’s been up and running for a few months and he’s got a grand plan in mind—to kickstart civilization with the power of science!"

From what I saw in the commercial, it looks very interesting !!

Also saw that My Hero Academia showed the final episode for Season 3. They even had "Continued In Season 4..." on the final scene I watched.
So far it's not looking like that Toonami will be cutting back / removing any anime on it's line up for Dr Stone. At least not on the 24th...

Anyhow, that's all for now. Keep watching !!  litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #784 on: August 19, 2019, 08:13:28 PM »
I finally after some time had a chance to watch Genlock. All I can say after watching the first three episodes is OMG !!! 

Genlock was created by a less known studio known as Rooster Teeth. They have really hit home with this series!! It's a
shame I found out that only eight episodes are listed as of now for it. The voices of Michael B Jordan, Dakota Fanning,
and Maise Williams ( Game Of Thrones...) are part of the characters in this anime. It does involve mecha big-time if
you're a fan of that type of anime and to me, it makes most of the Gundam series I've seen so far look like cartoons...

The animation style reminded me of the anime movie "Titan AE", but a bit more refined. The music score matched the
mood perfectly !! There's even a Japanese character in this who is NOT dubbed in english (There's subtitles for him...).
There is cursing in this anime that is censored (Bleeped out...), but it does add to the drama.

Really liking this one so far, hope there is more than eight episodes !!

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #785 on: August 23, 2019, 06:39:30 AM »
Just got around to looking at the pics. Nice LL!
I have to admit, I haven't been watching much Anime, I've been writing stories about a couple anime characters.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #786 on: August 24, 2019, 03:09:51 AM »
Just got around to looking at the pics. Nice LL!
I have to admit, I haven't been watching much Anime, I've been writing stories about a couple anime characters.

Thanks Ourdoll ! Like I said, I wish there was some way you could join us in L.A. , but I understand your family situation
and it can get expensive doing the AX. Maybe you can join up with Incred for one he attends in the Boston area to see
what they are all about.  :)

Glad to know you're still involved with your writing ! Hope all goes well with your endeavor. I know I have several partly
watched anime I still need to finish watching, but it is hard for me to spend hours sitting at my computer to watch them.
It just seems so much easier for me to just have my Tv set for Toonami when I get home from work on Saturday night
and turn it on and just jump right in and watch since nothing better is on during that time. I do realize though it appears
I'm causing the anime topic to turn into the "Toonami" topic. I do apologize for that, but at least they are showing now
some of the latest anime out there like Dr Stone, Food Wars, Genlock, My Hero Academia, etc... Things are much better
now than seeing the same-old same-old like Cowboy Bebop, Ghost In The Shell, Big-O, Inyuasha, etc...

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #787 on: August 24, 2019, 04:35:34 AM »
I work nights, so it's hard to catch anything on TV, I've give up trying :-[
For me it's the net or a DVD.