Author Topic: Virgin Rose Dolls: Kelu  (Read 12686 times)

umoplata

• New Resident
Virgin Rose Dolls: Kelu
« on: May 11, 2012, 06:30:00 AM »
I just received my Kelu doll from Virginrosedolls.com.  I won't give a full review because there's already one here, but I'll add a few things that weren't covered.

The ordering experience was easy.  Customer service was good.  Before and during the ordering process they were very attentive.  During the Wait, 16 weeks, you kind've feel like you may have been forgotten because it's such a long time and they don't communicate much unless it is in reply to you.  At about the halfway point I inquired on the progress, and again at about the 14 week point.  Delivery was on time and the product was quality, as described.

The doll was shipped with care instructions and a second wig. 

The doll itself, the Kelu model, was even smaller than I expected. The pictures on the site are very accurate, but for some reason I pictured it being just a little bigger.  With that said, the doll is surprisingly functional, and cute as the pictures.  The skeleton is very well articulated, including wrist and ankle articulation.  As for functionality, I am a bit larger than average so it wasn't as fun as I'd like, but for the average guy it should be a great time.  Plenty of depth, but it's a tight fit.   

If you can deal with the 4 month waiting period it's a good pick, especially for a smaller budget than the full sized dolls/mannequins.  It's portable, easy to store, and you don't need a stand or anything.  She just goes right back in the memory foam lined box she came in.

I hope this helps anyone that is looking for info on VRD's. 

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Re: Virgin Rose Dolls: Kelu
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 03:02:34 PM »
Sounds Fantastic !

Thanks for posting.

Hope to see some pics.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables."

Mr_Cellophane

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 01:25:11 PM »
Congratulations on your new doll.  I was unable to find the review that you mentioned can you link it for us?  Or maybe go ahead and give us your full review so that we have a second opinion.
Thanks.

umoplata

• New Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 12:20:44 PM »
Sounds Fantastic !

Thanks for posting.

Hope to see some pics.

Here's a link to a few pics I took in the gallery:

http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=597

umoplata

• New Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 12:34:17 PM »
Congratulations on your new doll.  I was unable to find the review that you mentioned can you link it for us?  Or maybe go ahead and give us your full review so that we have a second opinion.
Thanks.

Here you go.  It was posted by someone where else in the forum already: 

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=38492

B-Zilla

• Sr. Resident
  • Do it, Doug!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 09:06:58 PM »
Kelu is a perfect sculpt, there's nothing I don't like about that little doll. Thanks for the pics.  8)

umoplata

• New Resident
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »
Kelu is a perfect sculpt, there's nothing I don't like about that little doll. Thanks for the pics.  8)

The sculpt is pretty awesome.  Like I said, she's VERY well articulate...great skeleton.  Flexible spine even.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  Just wish she was just a little bit bigger, but only because I am a just a little large for her.  Otherwise about as close to perfect as you can get for the size, weight, and cost. 

ohlongjohn

• New Resident
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 01:37:32 PM »
Hello,

I'm very interested in buying a Virgin Rose love doll.  I am ready to place the order.  However, after reading your review I'm wondering if it would work for me or if it would be too tight.  I haven't ever compared my size to anyone else, so don't know if I am average or not.  I don't want to be crass, but if you could tell me how wide you are that would help me decide if the Virgin Rose love doll would work well for me or if it would be too tight.  I'm about 1.5 inches wide (I'm talking diameter, not circumference).

Thanks.

umoplata

• New Resident
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 07:36:47 PM »
Pretty sure VRD isn't going to work out for you functionally. 

Piskull

• Resident
  • Consummate Neo-Punk
    • Piskull on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 04:19:49 AM »
The Kelu seems to be a great value at 2100 dollars at it's quality! It will likely be my first choice for a bed-babe. I would drop the 2100 USD on one as it seems so fuckable and practical.

life-is-plastic

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 09:00:10 AM »
The Kelu seems to be a great value at 2100 dollars at it's quality! It will likely be my first choice for a bed-babe. I would drop the 2100 USD on one as it seems so fuckable and practical.

have a look at the Mini Love Doll: http://minilovedolls.com/html/index.html which might be up your street too

Piskull

• Resident
  • Consummate Neo-Punk
    • Piskull on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 08:31:54 PM »
have a look at the Mini Love Doll: http://minilovedolls.com/html/index.html which might be up your street too

Thank you, I did. I took a fancy to this raunchy figure, she seems fun to play with.

ohlongjohn

• New Resident
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 05:21:03 PM »

Dang, I hope you're wrong about that.  Before you replied I bought one.  I'm still waiting on it.  I had them remove the texture and make the canal smooth walled, so hopefully that helps.  They are also supposedly using a softer silicone for the body and a softer material for the entries as of May 2012.  I ordered mine after that.

vhd95

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 05:45:20 PM »

Dang, I hope you're wrong about that.  Before you replied I bought one.  I'm still waiting on it.  I had them remove the texture and make the canal smooth walled, so hopefully that helps.  They are also supposedly using a softer silicone for the body and a softer material for the entries as of May 2012.  I ordered mine after that.
well do let us know how it turns out. It'd be a shame if you couldn't take advantage of all that VRD offers.

ohlongjohn

• New Resident
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 01:46:22 PM »
I originally thought I was 1.5 inches wide, but that was a guess.  I measured and it turns out I'm larger.  Anyway, I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to use Kelu that I wrote to Virgin Rose dolls and requested a larger canal.  They wrote back and said ". . .your request will be filled as asked.  The opening will be larger still, and it will be smooth-walled as asked -- not constricting."  They also mentioned that they're using a new softer formula for the canals.

I am so relieved.  They've been very helpful through the whole process.  I can't wait until she arrives.  I will make sure to leave a comprehensive review.