Author Topic: Rent a Real Doll 2  (Read 5323 times)

Jgato

• Sr. Resident
Re: Rent a Real Doll 2
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 02:02:53 PM »
Actually Incred the full quote was..."I can rent me one of them THERE dolls?  Well golly!  Surprise, surprise, surprise!"

Bronwen

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 03:09:27 PM »
Judgmental much? Mitja is an official reseller for RealDoll and a long-time friend of mine and Matt's. The woman who is speaking is his mother! They have a very valid business which does include doll rentals. I have recommended his services in the past. Aside from that, I know Mitja is a decent guy with a very enterprising business model. He should be welcomed here not mocked.
Champagne for My Real Friends, Real Pain for My Sham Friends

Fuzzy78

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 03:24:57 PM »
pretty sure renting out dolls has been going on for a while in both Asia and Europe, if you are thinking about spending 6 grand on a doll, booking one for a night to see if it works for you makes sense IMHO.

deno22

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 03:30:12 PM »
Judgmental much?

Judgmental!?  Not at all- a mere adverse opinion.

However I do stand by the flavour of my comments, attempted humour aside..... The idea of ‘doll pimping’ is not something I think should be encouraged- if not for the hygiene issues alone.... no matter how sound the 'business model'.

However as fuzzy said:

'I'm sure there will be a few very interested people'

...and good luck to them!

vhd95

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 05:45:13 PM »
I've seen the way it's done in japan, some video that I believe was linked around here somewhere.

If you use an insert doll, part of the rental fee is a NEW vaginal insert. You pretty much buy it and are renting the doll body. Considering that they went to the expense to get a realdoll for rental purpose, I imagine they would make some attempt to keep it sanitary.

My thoughts? My interest in a doll is more than just what functionality it offers. I want the connection that so many here have shown so this doesn't appeal to me on a that level.

JohnConnor

• Sr. Resident
  • Artificial women are HOT!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 07:58:34 PM »
Fuzzy makes a good point, someone on the fence may see this as an affordable opportunity to try the doll experience out, strange though it may seem to us fortunate enough to own dolls.

I wonder if they will have different kinds of rental service?  Not just for sex, but say to see them, feel them, maybe pose them so some people can get some "Doll 101".  A kind of "soft" demo.  just a thought.

The model seems to work in Japan.  I'm sure people in Europe and the US would be interested.  I just don't know if enough people are interested and close enough to make it viable.
>John Connor
-----------------------------------------
Allison is a Boy Toy body 1, Autumn, born in February 2011, our anniversary is March 7th, 2011
Farah is a Sinthetics B1B, Celeste, born on April 1st 2013, our anniversary is June 21st, 2013

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »
Make a new experience and reant a real doll 2 in Konstanz Germany

how does it works u can see on luxus-doll.de :-*

Mach eine neue Erfahrung und miete dir eine Real Doll 2 in Konstanz Deutschland

wies funktioniert siehst du auf luxus-doll.de 
:-*

My apologies for not welcoming you properly.

Welcome Aboard.

Let me know if you need anything.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables."

Jgato

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 10:21:30 PM »
Hello,

I don't think anyone here was intentionally trying to ridicule anyone, and if that is the impression represented I apologize.

I was not even aware that the initial post was a solicitation.  I assumed a poster was just passing on information.  I formed this opinion in large part because the message bore no obvious indications that it had been submitted by a business.

And though I would not emphasize it quite as strongly, I agree with Deno.  I would not want any part of this kind of experience.  Perhaps some would and so be it.  However, if all an individual is interested in doing is seeing and maybe touching an actual silicone doll, they are much better off paying a visit to a doll maker.

Nuff said!

Bronwen

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 03:33:31 PM »
I wonder if they will have different kinds of rental service?  Not just for sex, but say to see them, feel them, maybe pose them so some people can get some "Doll 101".  A kind of "soft" demo.  just a thought.

That is what all the official resellers of various doll brands offer. It's the primary reason that the manufacturers make resale partnerships. The opportunity to see and move a doll is offered at no cost to people who want to visit the resellers. It's why all registered resellers have to keep at least 1 doll in stock all the time. Some of the manufacturers charge for the visit, others do not. None of the stores that I am aware of charge.

However, if all an individual is interested in doing is seeing and maybe touching an actual silicone doll, they are much better off paying a visit to a doll maker.

Even when they have to travel then from Europe to the USA? Again, this is the reason there are registered resellers around the world... And unfortunate as it may seem, a very large percentage of doll owners purchase dolls purely for sex. The personal attachment and growth into the "hobby" of doll ownership is often a surprise and unintentional.

The Japanese doll brothels are well known as part of standard sex trade over there. People travel from all over the world to experience them which is why they are both profitable and famous. And of course no less interesting/safe/risky than sex with a prostitute or a one-night-stand. At least the doll comes with a new insert each time, unlike ladies or gents of the night who may hopefully have bathed. Hopefully. We all know that sex has been the number 1 commodity around the world since the dawn of man.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »
Bronwen, Please forgive my ignorance.

I was totally unaware of of the resellers and their practices.

I may have been around for a long time, But on this subject I am a total noob.

Thank you for your explainations and clarifications.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables."

deno22

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 05:12:02 PM »

At least the doll comes with a new insert each time, unlike ladies or gents of the night who may hopefully have bathed. Hopefully.

Jgato

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 05:44:09 PM »
Hello Bronwen,

I too have never heard of doll resellers, with the sole exception of two companies that can import Candy Girls from Orient Industries in Japan.  Further if someone like Camp with his level of experience of the doll trade is unaware of such resellers, then I don't think the rest of us should be held to account for our lack of understanding either.  You seem to forget Bronwen that you work in this industry and know a lot more about all this than we do. 

In addition, Luxus-Doll.de as a proper business should have had the appropriate designation of 'reseller' added to their identification.  Is it any wonder that most of us assumed it was a common poster because the identification read 'Lurker'.  And I think this solicitation could have been done more professionally so as to avoid confusion. 

One thing I am guilty of is not welcoming a new member to ODC.  So I will correct that right now.  Welcome to the website Luxus-doll.

Cheers

deno22

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 05:51:27 PM »

One thing I am guilty of is not welcoming a new member to ODC.  So I will correct that right now.  Welcome to the website Luxus-doll.

Me2! : WELCOME luxus-doll!!!!!

:-*

Bad Deno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^-^

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 05:54:59 PM »
     When someone shows up on any doll website, and tries to sell a product or service on their first post, it does tend to make people think the worst. It shows a lack of understanding of the doll community as a whole. If this person had a reference, they could have mentioned it in the beginning. Otherwise the people that they know could have introduced them before they made their pitch.

With all of the scams operating on websites and through e-mail, it is better to err on the side of caution. Luxus-Doll.de should use this experience to improve their communication and sales techniques.

-end-
noquiexis

"Sweet dreams are made of this
 Who am I to disagree
 I travel the world and the seven seas
 Everybody's looking for something"

David Stewart, Annie Lennox

Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3

Bronwen

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 06:55:29 PM »
I'll state for clarity that I don't know if Mitja is the person who made that post. Maybe the original poster is just some guy who thought you'd all be interested and ran off because of such a hostile response. The person in the video is Mitja and he's a registered reseller for RealDoll. As far as I know, all the manufacturers with international resellers show them on their sites. Sinthetics.com has an Authorized Resellers link and RealDoll has their Hot Spots and have had those for years. I guess the fact that no one has ever noticed is a sad testament to the fact that a lot of the information given on these sites is never seen. :(