Author Topic: Went Out And Got The New Version Of Photoshop  (Read 1694 times)

b-man

• Resident
Went Out And Got The New Version Of Photoshop
« on: April 10, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »
Finally broke down and acquired the latest version of Photoshop, CS6 extended.  It allows me to set the ground plane grid for 3D objects to match the ground plane in 2D scenes where it'll cast shadows from the 3D object onto the grid to simulate shadow on the image according to where I set the 3D light.  It' suprisingly easy to do, and looks pretty good I think.  Here's an image I cooked up this evening, a little something for the Trekkers out there, (you know who you are) 8)
"If gay people want to get married and be miserable like the rest of us, I say we let 'em"-Peter Griffin

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Re: Went Out And Got The New Version Of Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 11:14:58 PM »
"Remember where we parked..."
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

Jgato

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 11:32:05 PM »
Well beam me up Scotty!

"Aye lassie...but what aboot the shuttle craft then?"

Fuzzy78

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 08:43:12 AM »
wow tats quite something :)

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »
Cor, bet that cost a pretty penny.
Still it looks like you will get plenty of use from it.
Think it was Mr-Gasket with the line "Very funny Scotty, now beam my clothes up as well" !!

b-man

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 09:11:44 PM »
Cor, bet that cost a pretty penny.
Still it looks like you will get plenty of use from it.
Think it was Mr-Gasket with the line "Very funny Scotty, now beam my clothes up as well" !!

It can, however, I already had CS5 extended, so, I only required the upgrade version.  I also found it at a huge discount from an internet vendor. ;)  And now, having said that, here's another image I cooked up using it, this time with Musician's Roselle from some pics he gave me for a recent issue of "The Living Dolls", the comic I co-produce over in CoverDoll.

The horse is the 3D object in this one 8)
"If gay people want to get married and be miserable like the rest of us, I say we let 'em"-Peter Griffin

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 09:54:44 PM »
     Nice pics, b-man:thumb:  If Candy is on Sherman's Planet, make sure she doesn't pick up any Tribbles! They mulitiply very quickly! It looks like Roselle is getting ready for a gunfight!

:police: :angel: :police:
"Home isn't a place. It's the people in it. And they will always be with you!"
   Andrew J. West as Henry Mills

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Musician

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 01:33:24 AM »
Holy smokes!  :o

That program is totally freakin cool!

Love how real the girls look in those shots, and that 3D thing is awesome. Your going to having some fun with that new toy, no doubt. I can't wait to see what you do with the Living Dolls story with this.

BTW, side note. I got the flyer for the Poker Run today. I'm really hoping to do that again this year. Pinned it up on the bulletin  board.

Yeah, Noq: Roselle always likes to have a hot rod in her hand.  ;)
Gotta love a cowgirl.  :drool:
My doll's name is Roselle. She is a Lovable Doll, made by Matt Krivicke. Makeup by Bronwen Keller.

b-man

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 11:13:13 PM »
Holy smokes!  :o

That program is totally freakin cool!

Love how real the girls look in those shots, and that 3D thing is awesome. Your going to having some fun with that new toy, no doubt. I can't wait to see what you do with the Living Dolls story with this.

BTW, side note. I got the flyer for the Poker Run today. I'm really hoping to do that again this year. Pinned it up on the bulletin  board.

Yeah, Noq: Roselle always likes to have a hot rod in her hand.  ;)
Gotta love a cowgirl.  :drool:

Thanks Bud, glad you liked it.  Roselle is one of my favorite art subjects I must admit.  This month's issue, (due out sometime Monday), was converted using the new version, got some pretty good effects.  In the meantime tho, here are a couple more images I played around with this evening.  These are some pics I took recently of Chloe featuring one of her best features, (in my opinion anyway), her eyes, it was you who put it best, they just draw you in.  First up, an oil painting sim:

And now a little comic book art:

The thing I noticed with the new version, is the line art is not only a quicker process, but the lines come out a lot shaper, yep, I'm definately gonna have some use for this program.  Buh Bye fer now, B~M 8)

Musician

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 03:36:38 PM »
That new programm really does add a new deminsion to the art, doesn't it?

I love the look you captured with Cloe in your shot. She looks totally hot and sexy  with the way you got her eyes.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the new episode of the Living Dolls too. I always get a kick out of those, and not just because Roselle plays a part in it at times. They're just always clever and I love the way you guys are able to do the sets and cartooning. The names y'all come up with for stuff cracks me up too.

I'll keep and eye out for it.
My doll's name is Roselle. She is a Lovable Doll, made by Matt Krivicke. Makeup by Bronwen Keller.

patrice25

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 04:06:12 PM »
Wouahou, these assemblies(editings) are really done well!  :thumb:
As I would like to know how to make the same thing... :)

Bluemouse

• Sr. Resident
  • Germany / NRW
    • Tenshi on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 05:22:14 PM »
Nice photoshoppings, B  :)
Tenshi Katana is a Sinthetics Kimiko 1B
Galleries: http://ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12574

Spelling mistakes (or errors in translation) are the author intended. They serve only to check the attention and for the general entertainment. Anyone who finds a... may keep him.