Author Topic: Mechadoll Surprises!  (Read 20593 times)

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
Mechadoll Surprises!
« on: April 17, 2013, 06:34:05 AM »
Since the arrival of the Mechadoll I bought from Lobo, I have found many worrying things that may shock and disappoint!
Mechadoll have been renowned in the past for their well made skeletons and I hoped this would be true of one of the new Mechadolls of 2012.

I wanted a Mechadoll for years, and here are the reasons: They have a voluptuous and realistic figure, jiggly boobs and bum, good quality skeletons, the bonus of the advertised 2012 Mechadoll, apparently has a 'detachable face', and the 'Luxe' model apparently has a weight of 33KG.  I thought to myself WOW! The extra decrease in weight and you can remove the face, that sounds good!  Right!  WRONG!!!

NO THIS DOLL DOES NOT HAVE A DETACHABLE FACE AS ADVERTISED, (only if your name is Freddy Krueger).
The weight of this doll is NOT 33KG AS ADVERTISED.  More closer to 50KG. 
If you sell any product with an advertised weight and function it should live up to the facts that you as the manufacturer have stated in the advertisement.  Otherwise it is known as FALSE ADVERTISING.
I cant speak about ordering problems and waiting ages because I bought this doll from Lobo and not Mechadoll directly, but Lobo knows all about that stuff.

A SHOCKING REVELATION
Remember the broken/dislocated shoulder that this doll had!  At first I thought it must be a shipping fault, maybe the box got tipped up on one end and that had caused the problem.  Lobo already knew something was not quite right when he had the doll and thought it was a loose joint.  As soon as I received the doll I knew it was worse than a loose joint.
You might recall this photo.

I decided once and for all to see what was happening with the shoulder the weekend just gone.  Saturday I started the operation.  I felt the joint through the silicone and cut a long enough cut at first to see what was going on.
I had already talked to Matt and he told me that it could be a broken bolt, apparently sourced from Home depot?
This is the first cut.

This is after prizing open the cut and the first look inside.
If you look at the top of the steel bracket you can see a bolt head.  (Above photo).
At this point I thought this must be the head of the bolt.  I looked a little closer and saw 4 washers underneath the bolt head, 2 X nylon and 2 X steel. ???
So got the long nose pliers out to extract the bolt still expecting it to be broken.  ONLY TO FIND AN INTACT BOLT! :o
(The bolt thread diameter is about 6mm).

I had to leave at this point and come back to it the next day.
So I knew there was no broken bolt, and couldn't see too much more because the first cut was too small.  I had to cut further up the shoulder to see what the bolt should have been connected to.  Here's a photo.
As you can see the bracket at the top is the shoulder joint, (it is facing the arm up position), the bolt should have gone through the hole and down into the bracket that is fixed to the arm bone bracket.  A NUT IS STILL MISSING!!
I knew the nut should have been under the arm bone bracket, so I had to undo the screws and small nuts that hold the steel arm bone bracket on, to see if the nut was down the bottom of the square tube.  I shone a lazer down there and low and behold there it is resting at the bottom, I had to remove it with long mechanics magnet. >:(
I looked closely at the nylock nut and THE NYLON WAS NOT TOUCHED.  THIS NUT WAS NEVER DONE UP IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Here is a photo after I replaced the components in their proper order.  If they were in their proper order in the first place then there should have been 2 X washers (1 X steel & 1 X nylon), at the bottom of the square tube with the nut!

It was a fiddly and awkward job assembling everything back in their right full place!  With hardly any room!

There is NO WAY THIS DOLL SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT OUT.  It would have been obvious something was wrong with this doll from the very beginning, and was sent to the customer regardless, both me and Lobo are very angry and disappointed as anyone would be after discovering this major cock up!
If your going to produce an expensive product of this nature, surely things like skeletons should be double checked.  What's the point pouring a $4600 doll and forgetting to do a joint up!  We cannot believe this is even possible!
With this level of incompetence anything is possible!

I am sorry if this worries any of you that are waiting for your doll, but all this needed to be said.
I have emailed Matt about the problem and he has responded about the shoulder, although when I asked (twice) about the advertised weight of the dolls NOT BEING 33KG, and also the faces NOT BEING DETATCHABLE, I get no response! 

The response for the shoulder is this:

I understand what you're saying.  As you probably know, I have to look into this situation before I can comment accurately.  It sounds like things were not attached the way we intended them to be and the result is that it fell apart for you.

At this point is there anything we can do to make this situation right by you?

Cheers,
-Matt

Well I've fixed the shoulder joint now and have yet to seal up the large cut.
All of this could have easily been avoided, and is just unacceptable in my view and Lobo's.  We are very disappointed!
She ain't heavy she's just rubber

Fuzzy78

• Sr. Resident
Re: Mechadoll Surprises!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 06:49:20 AM »
I'm not at all surprised about the weight, I stated a long time ago in chat that i thought the advertised weight was incorrect
I'm very sorry to hear you have been so negatively surprised, I'm sure this has been most disappointing for you.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 07:08:44 AM »
Both me and Lobo were surprised by the weight!  This is what I wrote to Lobo in a mail:

Here is the comparison as an example:
Ruby 13 (original) Weight=62lbs/28kg, waist=20inch, Hips=33inch, Height=4ft 11.5 inches
Mechadoll 95D Weight=73lbs/33kg?, waist=25inch, Hips=41inch, Height=5ft 5 inches
I think all doll makers would say, that its not possible to get that size doll down to that weight, and I think they would be right.
I wish people were more honest with their information. :?

Bluemouse

• Sr. Resident
  • Germany / NRW
    • Tenshi on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 08:06:19 AM »
That sounds and looks not good  ???
I'm sorry to hear from your great problems, Flash.
Tenshi Katana is a Sinthetics Kimiko 1B
Galleries: http://ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12574

Spelling mistakes (or errors in translation) are the author intended. They serve only to check the attention and for the general entertainment. Anyone who finds a... may keep him.

guitarpussy

• Resident
  • Redheads Rule, just look !
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 08:07:25 AM »
 >:( >:(

Flash and Lobo,

Thank you so much for this review, and keep them coming.  BTW, the pictures of the missing bolt beyond the first incision did not show up here on your post.  I would like to see those, but not if it's too much trouble for you.

Getting to read all this information has stopped my interest in placing an order for a MD ( at least for now), because at this point there apparently doesn't seem to be enough quality control in their assembly as well as accuracy in their doll's manufacture as to the "changeable" face system, and weight, but getting a doll that's a bit overweight wouldn't be too much of an issue for me personally, but still MD should be able to deliver what they advertise. 

I think, and this is only my opinion, that MD should take this doll back and refund enough to the both of you to make you both whole.  I also think that ALL shipping and customs expenses in that shipping process should be born by MD, (I'm dreamin right ?).  Sure, that's a lot of money for them, but nothing at all compared to what they probably will lose in sales by prospective buyers who are reading this on the forum.  I think a new doll should be sent to you at no expense to you as a gesture of their good faith and to restore confidence in the forum customer base.  This is a HUGE screw up by MD and I can only wonder how many other defective dolls have been shipped out to unsuspecting customers; I'll bet we'll be hearing about more of these issues in the future, but I could of course be wrong and I hope that I am.  It's too bad that not all MD owners are on the forums so we could verify how their dolls are holding up.

I've stated this before, but it was a few years ago that I received my first doll from Abyss.  She is a B-10 with a F-15 weighing 110 lbs.  After a few weeks at home, and while I kept her hung on her stand, I noticed she had "grown quite a bit in height".  This was caused by a defective lower back joint that failed, allowing her weight to cause her to stretch, her toes touching the floor.  I nicknamed her "Stretch", but became furious because I had hardly used her.  When I contacted Abyss, they were magnificent and said that this problem had occurred in the past, but only with the heavier bodies like the #9 and #10.  They actually made arrangements for a pickup at my address with shipping born by them, as well as repairing my doll at their expense along with return shipping.  They installed an upgraded lower back joint and the problem was solved.  I didn't have to do anything but be at home when my doll was shipped out, and when it was returned to me.  I hope you all can correlate my issue as described with the issue at hand with Flash/Lobo in that Abyss went over the top to help me out with their product, and still I love them for doing that.

So, this MD issue remains at hand and I will wait to see how MD handles this.  I don't ever want it construed however, that I am intentionally insulting MD's character or integrity, because mistakes do and will always take place and often in their simplest form (Murphy's Law").  But boys and girls, this is huge and remedial steps should immediately be taken by MD.....IMHO of course.

FWIW,

GP

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 09:49:39 AM »
Cheers GP, that's a good story about your Real Doll, sounds like they are a good company to deal with and everyone loves a happy ending.  They admitted the fault was theirs to fix and they made the arrangements to fix it at their own expense. It's what any decent reputable company should do under the circumstances.  I'm pleased it worked out for you.
If Mechadoll offered to pick the doll up and do that, I really would not trust them under the circumstances!

I have been offered a repair kit which is 2 part silicone, but from what I've read in the repairs section this would not work.  'Bronwen' suggests this and he is a doll maker so will know more than a salesman.  He suggests GE Silicone 2 KB Supreme, so I'll have to order some from the USA if possible!

The advertised face system would have been great to have and is one of the biggest disappointments!  I was hoping to get another face 'Emilie'. :(
The second biggest disappointment is the weight, what is going on!! :o
The biggest disappointment of all was finding the shoulder joint not connected, it is unforgivable!  Its like assembling an expensive engine fully and forgetting to connect the con rods to the pistons and starting the engine!  You do not do that unless you are 'dumb and dumber' or Mr Bean!

Fuzzy78

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 10:07:07 AM »
Both me and Lobo were surprised by the weight!  This is what I wrote to Lobo in a mail:

Here is the comparison as an example:
Ruby 13 (original) Weight=62lbs/28kg, waist=20inch, Hips=33inch, Height=4ft 11.5 inches
Mechadoll 95D Weight=73lbs/33kg?, waist=25inch, Hips=41inch, Height=5ft 5 inches
I think all doll makers would say, that its not possible to get that size doll down to that weight, and I think they would be right.
I wish people were more honest with their information. :?

I believe AD's are around that weight and taller than MD's, but they do not jiggle and the silicone skin is as far as I know not very thick which allows them to be more lightweight.
All in all though I think you have a good point, the things that make dolls jiggly such as more and softer silicone, are also the things that add weight.

Silicondoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »
Hi FlashGordoll,

Surprises? Even if just died, my last hope USA.
I can well understand their disappointment and I thank them very much for their honesty.
Must stop now, I have anger inside.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 10:31:38 AM »
Cheers Fuzzy78, it's obvious when you do the maths, but it doesn't excuse Mechadoll advertising a false weight.  If a food manufacturer makes a Shepperd's pie and on the packet it states the weight of minced beef and a total weight of the product, if someone extracts the beef and weighs it and finds out the actual weight of the beef is only 50% of what it sais on the packet and the total weight is filled up with more mashed potato and carrots.  Then this is FALSE ADVERTISING.  Perhaps a bad example, I think I'm getting hungry!!  But the same principles apply, just the opposite way around.  Food manufacturers get in trouble all the time so its a common comparison.
Flash.

Lobo83

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
As you all can say - I was a noob and I have learned alot through Flash. Tho I never wished this had happened in the first place.
I have been honoust from the get go with Flash and that has paid off. We both have had a revelation and you might recall a while back I said that I had over 100 emails with Matt.
That is because we are mostly living in a day and age regarding people that try speed reading.
But make no mistake - when you invest so much money to get something you never dreamed of getting shit turns up and blows up right back in your face.

I know of other people I had contact with that they are getting statements from Matt regarding he has new mold(s) and new workers.
Something that has been said TO ME WEEKS/MONTHS AGOOO!

Why do I have more than 100 emails? Because A. I didnt get answers to multiple questions.
B. I NEVER changed my order.
C. My order wasn't even my ORDER. (There where things that just didnt feel right - and example from people that dont listen or read emails - I didnt get LONG blonde hair - I got short blond hair and long black hair.) (Sure a wigg is something I dont need to throw a hissy-fit about but still - you pay so much money for SPECIFIC DETAILS!!!).

I stood for MD in the beginning - I SUCKERED Myself into believing everything was going to be good.
But apparently I was too big a noob on Dolls information AND I was gullable in believing them from the get go hoping things would be different.

To be honoust - I am SICK to my stomache about this and I am super happy with all the contact I established by being on this adventure.
But now the time has come that I am gonna be flipped out as I have been patient enough.
My health is not getting better like this either.

I hope MD knows what they are doing. Because if people tend to feel like I do... Be sure we will not stop before we get justice!

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 02:09:28 PM »
Thanks Lobo, everyone appreciates your input and honesty and I am glad that we are friends.  Honesty is something that Mechadoll does not seem to do very well.  When you ask questions you want answers!  You are handing over a lot of money, its a high value purchase, so you need answers and not BS!
By the looks of it all you will get for your questions is a wishy washy answer, a bit like the sort of answer you get from a politician when you ask a serious question.  Just tell the truth in the first place!  Why do we have to live in a world full of lies, corruption and deceit.  Its quite simple it all comes down to money, power and greed.  The world is not a nice place sometimes! :(

douglas

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »
Flash/Lobo: Really sorry for you both, on hearing about what appears to have happened.

I remember a while back writing an email to Matt, suggesting the possibility of digital photographing, & emailing relevant photos of the product prior to shipment, to the customer for approval - or otherwise (especially to overseas customers where any return would be prohibitively expensive ). This would help avoid mistakes/mixups- especially when there is pressure on production and getting dolls out of the door. Admittedly this approach won't cover everything (eg. Lobo/Flash's shoulder), but it would certainly help with others (eg. wrong hair/wig) and customisations.

This is only one suggestion which may help, but hopefully MD - especially after this last incident - will come up with something to improve QA, and help re-establish faith within this doll community, by letting us know about it in this forum?

Douglas

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 02:33:49 PM »
>:( >:(

Flash and Lobo,

Thank you so much for this review, and keep them coming.  BTW, the pictures of the missing bolt beyond the first incision did not show up here on your post.  I would like to see those, but not if it's too much trouble for you.

Getting to read all this information has stopped my interest in placing an order for a MD ( at least for now), because at this point there apparently doesn't seem to be enough quality control in their assembly as well as accuracy in their doll's manufacture as to the "changeable" face system, and weight, but getting a doll that's a bit overweight wouldn't be too much of an issue for me personally, but still MD should be able to deliver what they advertise. 

I think, and this is only my opinion, that MD should take this doll back and refund enough to the both of you to make you both whole.  I also think that ALL shipping and customs expenses in that shipping process should be born by MD, (I'm dreamin right ?).  Sure, that's a lot of money for them, but nothing at all compared to what they probably will lose in sales by prospective buyers who are reading this on the forum.  I think a new doll should be sent to you at no expense to you as a gesture of their good faith and to restore confidence in the forum customer base.  This is a HUGE screw up by MD and I can only wonder how many other defective dolls have been shipped out to unsuspecting customers; I'll bet we'll be hearing about more of these issues in the future, but I could of course be wrong and I hope that I am.  It's too bad that not all MD owners are on the forums so we could verify how their dolls are holding up.

I've stated this before, but it was a few years ago that I received my first doll from Abyss.  She is a B-10 with a F-15 weighing 110 lbs.  After a few weeks at home, and while I kept her hung on her stand, I noticed she had "grown quite a bit in height".  This was caused by a defective lower back joint that failed, allowing her weight to cause her to stretch, her toes touching the floor.  I nicknamed her "Stretch", but became furious because I had hardly used her.  When I contacted Abyss, they were magnificent and said that this problem had occurred in the past, but only with the heavier bodies like the #9 and #10.  They actually made arrangements for a pickup at my address with shipping born by them, as well as repairing my doll at their expense along with return shipping.  They installed an upgraded lower back joint and the problem was solved.  I didn't have to do anything but be at home when my doll was shipped out, and when it was returned to me.  I hope you all can correlate my issue as described with the issue at hand with Flash/Lobo in that Abyss went over the top to help me out with their product, and still I love them for doing that.

So, this MD issue remains at hand and I will wait to see how MD handles this.  I don't ever want it construed however, that I am intentionally insulting MD's character or integrity, because mistakes do and will always take place and often in their simplest form (Murphy's Law").  But boys and girls, this is huge and remedial steps should immediately be taken by MD.....IMHO of course.

FWIW,

GP

GP. Bravo for an extremely articulate post.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables."

guitarpussy

• Resident
  • Redheads Rule, just look !
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »
Thank you Camp.

PlayKate404

• Doll Manufacturer
  • New Resident
  • Mechadoll Representative
    • Mechadollusa.com
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 06:16:55 PM »
FlashGordoll
I’m glad this situation was easy for you to resolve.  I’m sure our phone conversation was helpful.  In regards to the weight and your accusations I can say without a doubt you are just guessing. 
There are variations in the weight but even with a doll this busty the weight is going to be under 40kgs.  The first removable face we apply is done so with a small bead of silicone around the edge, this is especially liked by clients that leave the original face.  However, if you aren’t Freddy Krueger you can still remove this seam in about 55 seconds or less.  It’s a cute reference but a bit dramatic for my taste. 
I understand why you are upset.  I wish your doll worked as intended. The fear of being stuck with a broken doll would make anyone who just spent a small fortune stomach turn.  As I conveyed to you over and over we would make this right by you one way or another.  You’re a great mechanic and had it resolved in moments.  You didn’t need us. 
I hope you understand that there are customers out there in the balance and possibly sending them other directions isn’t in their best interest.  I mean if you really wanted to attack our image and that’s the best you could do we must be doing something right.  I mean even the pictures you posted of her look fantastic.  Hopefully we can resolve this in a way that’s positive for everyone.

I also want to send an apology to any client currently waiting for your orders.  We have a big wave of dolls that should be sent out shortly.  After that production in general should be much quicker but having this issue has made us take a quick stop and retrain our extra help.  Thank you for all the great support I expect a lot more great news soon.

PS  Check out our current auction….  http://www.ebay.com/itm/111054666190?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
-Matt
Check us out at:
mechadoll.com
mechadollusa.com
Worldwide shipping available
Please contact me for special promotions for forum members