December 15, 2018, 04:23:42 PM

Author Topic: Katerina, an LD Yvette head  (Read 14043 times)

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
Katerina, an LD Yvette head
« on: August 17, 2013, 04:42:53 AM »
Not been around much due to personal commitments so it has taken time to get some snaps of Katerina, an Yvette head.
I mentioned a while back that I wished I could get some of the original LD heads as they are so pretty.

And then surprise, surprise , one arrived in the post from a very generous well wisher.
As promised heres a few arty farty photos of Kitty or Kat (for short).
Must say of all the faces and heads I have that this is my favourite along with Elise.

So with many thanks here they are with more 'normal' photos to follow later.

And its meant to be grainy, arty farty an all !
The next ones even grainier.... LOL !

Thats all folks.... more later.
for album click the pic

muzza

• Sr. Resident
  • Sunny Queensland, Australia
Re: Katerina, an LD Yvette head
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 04:53:31 AM »
She is gorgeous.
Arty farty and all  :whistle:
Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

Ace

• Resident
  • Bangarang!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 03:18:42 PM »
Very nice pics!
The reason I ultimately decided on purchasing my first doll was because of Yvette.
My third grade teacher actually looked very similar to Everhard's Yvette.
Congrats on receiving the "unicorn" of high end dolls.
I'm actually quite envious. ;)

(If anyone reading this knows where I can find an unblemished Yvette, please let me know.)

Fanboy of DS-DollSweet and 4Woods. Because of reasons.

kintamasan

• Sr. Resident
  • "Welcome to the Layer Cake"
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 05:20:31 PM »
Katerina looks brilliant in her first portrait's.  :thumb: I know the feeling, Ray, the Yvette face is very easy to fall in love with, just ask Marie!!  ;D
Lovable Dolls, Sinthetics and PIB Polymerisian: Sometimes my dreams come true.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 04:46:17 AM »
Cheers Muzza, and your right she is gorgeous, Im so lucky to have her.

Red hair and corsets......  :laugh: your so happily predictable Incred, thanks for the comment and PM

And a big *Hello* to you Ace, welcome to the forum and yes the Yvette head is a darlin'.
Who knows , life's a funny thing , I was very surprised to be offered Kitty, you could well be lucky  and come across another, keep an eye out in all the 'For Sale' ads here and elsewhere .
Hope you enjoy your stay here.  :)

Must be a challenge to know which model to point your camera at now with so many new gals Ken, enjoying seeing all your photos.
You certainly have expanded your collection, and thanks for the comments.

Now I have shaken the dust off the camera I will have to get on do a few more, Katerina's photo journey will slowly unfold, the dilemma is which body to use, Sin or LD.
It will probably be the LD as she seems to like and fit that one the best. 
for album click the pic

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:31:45 AM »
Great photos, Ray!

Congratulations at finding her! With so few ever made, it is a rare find indeed. Yvette wasn't what I originally ordered, but I was in a hurry to get my doll and the Monique head was not ready yet, so I had the doll shipped with an Yvette head. What a fortunate thing that was. Looking at my Album, I have more pics of her than of any of the other LD heads.

Can't wait to see more pics of her. It's great to see another Yvette come home to the forum.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »
Beautiful !

Good to see you back ray

These pictures are living !

:thumb:

kintamasan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 02:43:25 PM »
I know from reading the many forum posts that there were very few Yvette heads produced. I was never able to come up with a total production number. There are a few lucky souls that I know of, including myself, who are fortunate to have one. I have LD #20 with an Yvette head and LD #28 with an Alicia head. They both sit in my living room and get a kiss before and after work Every Day.  :D I'd love to see more portrait's of Katerina's beauty.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 09:07:42 PM »
I can see she is your favourite Mahtek, already been through your album ,some really nice photos of her.
Its the high cheek bones , the the shape of the nose, not forgetting that hint of a smile that makes this face.

Nice to be back  grenouille, thanks for the comment ...  :)

Ken, the LD is #22 so very close to your LD's , and yes it is a very kissable face indeed, your wish is granted as well, heres a few more photo's.
How could I possibly not showoff Katerina's beauty, I'm smitten.  ;D
Nice thing she needs so little makeup as the face structure is strong enough not to need it.

Sorry,I know I have used this wig on other dolls , its the only one I have ever found that looks good with the cropped look.
One day I will try dyeing it to get rid of the highlights but for now it will have to do...  :whistle:

for album click the pic

muzza

• Sr. Resident
  • Sunny Queensland, Australia
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 04:19:13 AM »
Fantastic.
What a treat as I scrolled down the page and each photo revealed more.
Thanks ever so much.
And I love that look & wig on Kitty - where did you get it? (the wig that is).

muz

PS: I must remember to tell Nony she has a rare head. Most of her photos are over at TDF in her Album there.

Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 05:03:41 AM »
Did you see the movie Cabaret ?
I fell in complete lust over Sally Bowles, she just oozed SEX , probably Minnelli's best movie ever.

I have been trying to draw comparisons to real life women since I have had Kat.
There's bits of many people there, the nose is very Nicole Kidman, in fact there seems to be a faint resemblance there.
But then perhaps Matt just conjured her up out thin air as usual, whatever, she's damn gorgeous is our Kat !
Must be marvelous to be able to conjure up out of a lump of clay something so captivating, i'm very envious of Mr. Matt K.

for album click the pic

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 05:24:03 AM »
Oooops.
Sorry Muzza, you posted your reply as I was a writing this here post!
Very pleased you are enjoying our Katerina, everyone keeps saying she is rare, I wonder how many where actually made ?
Perhaps she will be worth the cost of a Picasso in a few years time...... entertaining thought , just see her up for sale at Sotheby's after I'm dead and gone ! :laugh:

As for the wig, its a real hair one which I found on Ebay, just looked up the vendor I bought it from but as typical Ebay they are no longer trading on there, sorry.
for album click the pic

kintamasan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 12:42:31 PM »
Va, Va, Voom!!! Absolutely Magnificent, Ray!!

Both of our ladies are Caramel body L1's with Yvette heads. Marie has Deep green eyes and Katerina has Brown. This is my favorite body and head combo of any doll ever made.  :thumb: With the exception of the L2.  ;)

She is to die for!! Thanks for sharing these brilliant portrait's.