Author Topic: Buying a doll in near future... advice?  (Read 4958 times)

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Re: Buying a doll in near future... advice?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 05:53:06 PM »
Ruby 13 is having a sale for ODC members.

It does'nt get any better than that.

And they have a fairly reasonable turn-around.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 09:10:56 AM »
Quote;

How tall is your doll?  This probably makes me seem strange, but I'm finding myself asking women I work with how tall they are.  So that I can get a real idea of how tall the Ruby13 will appear.  You did a nice job at posing her in front of a stove. Realistically how difficult is it to pose a Ruby in a standing position? I'm certain that either a stand must be used, or she has to be leaning up against something. Just curious of your direct feedback on that.

The Presley doll is 4'4" and she is the shortest doll in the line, but that also makes her the lightest doll at 50lbs. She is also has a poseable skeleton which most Rubys don't have. She also has a neck bolt which is an option. In my avatar you can see the gray pipe going up. That is attached to strut that I put between upper cabinets. You can see how it works here; http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=2194.0

Here is a better view from an outtake from the shoot;

( by the way, I'm taking lint off her with the sponge  ;) )

The pros are the weight, durability, and softness. The cons can be the softness too. With softness comes the ease of denting the silicone. It just means you have to be a bit more careful not to put her on anything hard, binding, or sharp. I once laid her on a picnic table that had the head of a nail sticking up about 3/8" and it left a good size dent, but over time it has smoothed mostly away. The only other problem is with the breast gel, but it is really an easy fix, just don't go over board filling all at once  :thumb:

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 10:47:06 AM »
It's hard to beat Rubys for jiggly-ness. I felt one at the last doll meet and I swear the boobs were as soft as a real woman's butt (a firm, athletic woman, at least) so they are getting close! As to how long they last, the new formula is only a year or so old, so only time will tell; don't take one example as gospel.

As for the faces, yes, they will seem cartoonish; to someone who lives on a strict vanilla diet. I prefer to think of them as 'ethnic' to improperly use the term (European facial features are actually in the minority amongst racial types). I have seen photos of and even met REAL women that look like Rubys! So they definitely are real looking, it just depends on the look you're after.However, Brash, the new owner of Ruby13 is currently having new faces sculpted that look much more 'white'.
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And now I'm moving in with her!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

Roy Folker

• New Resident
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 11:42:16 AM »
welcome to the forum ...you know last year I was in the same boat as you ...I thought that Ruby 13 were the greatest dolls I've ever seen ...until I started shopping around looking at different dolls and makers ...stumbled upon your doll shop ...have a thread here posted just underneath yours ...is titled  At Last...there are pictures of the dogs that I will be getting soon ...take a look go through the post maybe this will help you make a decision . O0

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 01:38:37 PM »
As to how long they last, the new formula is only a year or so old, so only time will tell; don't take one example as gospel.

Brash, the new owner of Ruby13 is currently having new faces sculpted that look much more 'white'.

Actually the new formula has been used since 2010, and I have had Myffy over 2 years.
Here is "Breast Softness Test"  http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=4875.0

Also Brash has been a co-owner since the beginning.

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 09:18:35 PM »
As to how long they last, the new formula is only a year or so old, so only time will tell; don't take one example as gospel.

Brash, the new owner of Ruby13 is currently having new faces sculpted that look much more 'white'.

Actually the new formula has been used since 2010, and I have had Myffy over 2 years.
Here is "Breast Softness Test"  http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=4875.0

Also Brash has been a co-owner since the beginning.

I knew Brash took over the reigns after Don passed, I didn't know he was co owner before. Thanks for bringing me up to speed.
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And now I'm moving in with her!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

JustCallMeBob

• New Resident
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »
Ruby 13 is having a sale for ODC members.

It does'nt get any better than that.

And they have a fairly reasonable turn-around.

.. ... ...   hmmmm, how does one "take advantage of this *sale* that you say is being offered?  And... how much is the sale price?  Link?    =-)

JustCallMeBob

• New Resident
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2019, 10:51:31 PM »
. . . having just discovered a doll line that i wasn't  aware even existed, if anyone is still following / listening . . . ..  the vid in question about the ruby13 is:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD7s9OgPkio  .......  again though, i don't want diss-credit any doll line... just that i am a zero maintenience kind of person... and it would freak me out to think that i would need to inject goo into a doll that i spent a LOT of money to buy. . . . . by the way, i just found a new doll line that i hope to get some advice on.. i hope i can get some feedback.   :)

JustCallMeBob

• New Resident
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 02:26:12 AM »
. . . hoping to get more feedback/advice on purchasing a doll... has anyone ever heard of this doll vendor:  loversire ?  ... not sure if they are the actuall producers of this doll:  "sex doll Jasmine Kardashian body love doll Sarah"  ?  was hoping to get a little info if anyone knows something of it?    ;D