Author Topic: A Nickel in the Jukebox  (Read 41342 times)

HydeJekyll

• New Resident
Re: A Nickel in the Jukebox
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2020, 09:55:49 PM »
Eddie Vanhalen was a great guitarist. If you want to see another great guitarist, look into YouTube at Roy Clark, he plays a awesome version of malagueña that will have you saying,”I never knew he was that good”!
    Anyway, along the lines of music, Ceej shared a video link to a song called “Hyde Park”  Jekyll didn’t like it much, but Hyde loved it. It reminded him of night clubs where he would drink too much and smoke too many cigars.. good times.

0osik

• New Resident
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2020, 11:10:57 PM »
We lost Edward Lodewijk Van Halen  on October 6 2020. :(

In my opinion one of the greatest rock and roll guitarists ever.  This is a VERY  interesting interview with him from 2017.  I highly recommend watching this if you are a Van Halen fan.  8) :thumb:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yb26D8bBZB8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yb26D8bBZB8</a>

RIP Eddy.

Smoke you can skip your silly "11"  With EVH we've got "15"

Thanks for the excellent link.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • If the ladies don't find you handsome, get a doll.
« Reply #302 on: October 18, 2020, 02:35:30 AM »

Smoke you can skip your silly "11"  With EVH we've got "15"

Thanks for the excellent link.

That was one of my Fave parts of the interview as well 0osik!  :thumb:  :D

Glad you liked it.  8)

HydeJekyll

Roy Clark  was indeed a very gifted and brilliant guitarist.  :thumb:

Another one that comes to mind was  Glen Campbell.  Neither  Glen nor Eddie Van Halen could read music. It is rumoured that Eddie Van Halen was know to take a guitar lesson or two from Glen Campbell.  :whistle:

Most humble servant of CJ's harem ,eh?