Author Topic: Hello i'm newbie here  (Read 472 times)

Kit

• New Resident
Hello i'm newbie here
« on: December 14, 2016, 01:18:25 AM »
Hello community, my only knowledge was about inflatable dolls. From some funny movies etc. First time i saw this kind dolls from (i really don't know how i found) a website named artetokio (japan one) i didn't understand any word from this website but i just shocked. About how they made amazing, beautiful things as sex dolls. This impressed me very much. I always like illustration and illustrated girls. I just thought about when robotic technology and this merged a new era will begin. Anyway. Than i got little infos about dolls, i found sellers from ebay, aliexpress etc. Some things made me really confusing.

Why dolls are really expensive? Actually if i live in USA 500-1000 usd would be average price but i'm living in Turkey and 1 usd = 3,5+ try :/ how much is the cost of a doll? i mean why there's no 100-200 usd full body dolls? (not inflatable)

Why so many websites using same doll picutres? I see same dolls (with same pictures) in Aliexpress and some USA, EU websites. Prices are (same dolls) between $ 500-700 in aliexpress while the others are $ 2000-3000.

I never have sex with a doll or silicone thing*. I mean i'm just curious how is it feels or should i try sex toys like fleshlight before buying a doll?

I didn't see artetokio dolls anywhere else before. But products are really different between jp and eng versions. Do you have any info about that website?

I hope my questions are not so stupid and didn't break any rule. Have a nice day.

(Sorry for bad english)

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Re: Hello i'm newbie here
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 02:07:29 AM »
Kit,

Welcome to Our Doll Community! Dolls are expensive because of the materials used, and because each one is hand-made. That takes a great deal of time and labor. Since these dolls cannot be mass-produced, doll makers cannot make up for the price by the volume of the dolls sold.

Some websites use the same doll pictures because they are not the manufacturer. They may be a reseller for the manufacturer. They may also be using those pictures illegally to steal money from prospective doll buyers. In the United States of America, we call this "scamming".

For a first-time doll buyer, I recommend that you start with something inexpensive, like the inflatable dolls that you mentioned. This will give you some idea of what it is like to be a doll owner. Inflatable dolls are light weight and easy to store when not in use. If you discover that dolls do not give you the satisfaction that you are seeking, then the cost of your experiment will not be that great.

An alternative to buying a new doll is to buy a used doll. We have a section called the Auction Block where used dolls are sold. You also might want to look into GibbMoDoll's UK Love Doll Forum. It is in the United Kingdom and may be closer to you. Most of the Our Doll Community members live in the United States of America, so shipping a used doll will also be very expensive.

Good luck and good hunting!

Bebek Topluluğumuza Hoş Geldiniz! Bebekler kullanılan malzemeler nedeniyle pahalıdır ve her biri el yapımıdır. Bu çok zaman ve emek gerektiriyor. Bu bebeklerin seri üretimleri yapılamadığından, bebek yapımcıları satılan bebeklerin hacmine göre fiyatı telafi edemezler.

Bazı web siteleri, üretici olmadığı için aynı bebek resimlerini kullanır. Üreticinin bayisi olabilirler. Ayrıca, muhtemel bebek alıcılarından para çalmak için yasadışı olarak bu resimleri kullanıyor olabilirler. Amerika Birleşik Devletleri'nde bunu "aldatıcı" olarak adlandırırız.

İlk kez bir bebek alıcısı için bahsettiğiniz şişme bebek gibi ucuz bir şeyle başlamanızı öneririm. Bu size bir bebek sahibi olmak nasıl bir şey olduğuna dair bir fikir verecektir. Şişirilebilir bebekleri hafiftir ve kullanılmadığı zamanlarda depolanması kolaydır. Kuklaların, aramakta olduğunuz memnuniyeti vermediğini keşfederseniz, denemenizin maliyeti o kadar da büyük olmayacaktır.

Yeni bir bebek satın almak için bir alternatif, bir bebek satın almaktır. Kullanılmış bebeklerin satıldığı Müzayede Bloğu adlı bir bölümümüz var. Ayrıca GibbMoDoll'un [url = http: //www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/home.php] İngiltere Sevgi Doll Forumuna [/ url] bakmak isteyebilirsiniz. Birleşik Krallık'ta ve size daha yakın olabilir. Bebek Topluluğumuzun [/ i] üyelerinin çoğu Amerika Birleşik Devletleri'nde yaşıyor, bu nedenle bebeği nakletmek de çok pahalı olacak.

İyi şanslar ve iyi avlar!

:) :) :)
"On the wind soaring free
 Spread your wings, I'm beginning to see
 Out of mind far from view
 Beyond the reach of a nightmare come true."
   New Horizons 1972 by The Moody Blues

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 03:27:11 AM »
Welcome to ODC  :welcome:

I would stay away from ebay, Aliexpress, and Amazon when looking for dolls. Most often the pictures don't match the doll you will get, and what you do get for a doll is most likely inferior to a more trusted reseller.

Since you are in Turkey I would look at Doll Studio located in Germany; http://en.dollstudio.org/

They have many different types of dolls and manufacturers, and for a first doll I would recommend either a fabric doll or one made from TPE.

Best of luck

Eva Kumiko

• Doll Account
  • Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »
I didn't see artetokio dolls anywhere else before. But products are really different between jp and eng versions. Do you have any info about that website?

If you look at the Dollstudio website (Incred gave the link), you'll find some dolls that you found at the Arte Tokio site.
Arte Tokio isn't a manufacturer any more (it was, but stopped manufacturing in 2010). It's a reseller of the DS dolls, made in China. Some of the dolls they offer, are meant to be sold in Japan only; maybe that explains why you found differences. Dollstudio is a reseller of DS too.
Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuss auf Liebe eingestellt.
1930, Friedrich Hollaender

Kit

• New Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 01:23:54 AM »
Hey thank you for very detailed replies.

This information was very helpful.

Doc Brown

• Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 11:45:33 AM »
Hi Kit

:welcome:

Good to have you here!
There are some really nice folk here and as you've seen, a great deal of knowledge.

Kit

• New Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 06:46:20 AM »
Dollstudio has many good stuff and y'all recommended them. But wow prices starting from 1000+ euros. Example 1800 Euros means 6600+ Turkish Liras (minimum wage in Turkey is 370 euros)

I need to work 4 months without spend any penny for buy a doll. I wish there's doll producers in Turkey like dollstudio  :(

crazycajun

• Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 03:36:15 PM »
Welcome Kit; and do not feel bad there many here that have saved for years to be able to purchase their dolls, this is one of the reasons it is important to find the right doll from the right vendor. Some people have browsed the dolls and looked for a very long time, even if they could afford it from the start. It is always advisable not to buy the first thing that you can afford, or not to buy the first thing that gets you aroused, their are many beautiful dolls available, if you make your selection wisely, you will most likely be very happy for a very long time if not well maybe not so much. Take your time, save your money and learn from the experiences of others and enjoy!   :thumb:

CrazyCajun and the Girls!

doll_admirer

• Resident
  • Avatar is my 140cm TPE male Love Doll by Joytop.
    • Arimecibo Island Forum
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 11:00:24 PM »
Welcome to Our Doll Community Kit.

You asked about getting a Fleshlight.

One of the best things I ever got for my Fleshlight was this mount to hold it.

https://www.liberator.com/fleshlight-on-a-mission.html

It can take some time to learn all about the world of dolls.

Don't feel like you have to learn all about dolls overnight.

I look at dolls as a lifetime hobby.

Cheers,

doll_admirer  :)
“There are two kinds of people, those who love dolls and those who don't yet know that they love dolls." - Gayle Wray

Ethan's Photo Gallery Link: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1760

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 04:05:39 PM »
Silly question (from someone just as 'newbie' about Turkey as the OP is about dolls): Are love-dolls even legal there? I know in some countries selling, buying or even having any sex toy can be against the law.
Thank you ladies, for letting me know what y'all thought of me;
...and for doing so
before I got my inheritance! 

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

doll_admirer

• Resident
  • Avatar is my 140cm TPE male Love Doll by Joytop.
    • Arimecibo Island Forum
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »
Silly question (from someone just as 'newbie' about Turkey as the OP is about dolls): Are love-dolls even legal there? I know in some countries selling, buying or even having any sex toy can be against the law.

I have read horror stories online over the years about custom agents in some countries sending peoples doll order back to the manufacturer.  :(
“There are two kinds of people, those who love dolls and those who don't yet know that they love dolls." - Gayle Wray

Ethan's Photo Gallery Link: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1760

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 10:07:33 PM »
Hi Kit!

Welcome to ODC!

Coral
Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378