Author Topic: Webbing sling to hang up doll without neck bolt  (Read 521 times)

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
Webbing sling to hang up doll without neck bolt
« on: May 11, 2017, 02:22:21 PM »
This is my well used LD doll made in 2010, which suffered a broken neck in 2017; a known problem with these older dolls of this manufacturer. Originally she had a neck bolt (an eye-bolt that screws into the back at about the base of the neck) for hanging up. My repair was not adequate to withstand such forces, so this is how I hang her up now. A hanging doll takes up less space than a sitting doll.

Sling made of 5 metres of 2 inch (50 mm) wide polypropylene webbing

Webbing sling - front

The 5 metres of 2 inch (50 mm) wide polypropylene webbing cost 5 GBP on eBay.

The wall bracket is a boxing punch bag stand. However, a simpler method is to use a large open metal hook screwed into a door frame -- as long as you don't use the door much...

After taking these photos, I used a length of left-over webbing to make a loop round the top of her head so her head does not sag like that.

Argent - Hold Your Head Up (Single Version) on YouTube

BobRoss

• New Resident
  • There are no mistakes, only happy accidents.
Re: Webbing sling to hang up doll without neck bolt
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
This is my well used LD doll made in 2010, which suffered a broken neck in 2017; a known problem with these older dolls of this manufacturer. Originally she had a neck bolt (an eye-bolt that screws into the back at about the base of the neck) for hanging up. My repair was not adequate to withstand such forces, so this is how I hang her up now. A hanging doll takes up less space than a sitting doll.

Sling made of 5 metres of 2 inch (50 mm) wide polypropylene webbing

Webbing sling - front

The 5 metres of 2 inch (50 mm) wide polypropylene webbing cost 5 GBP on eBay.

The wall bracket is a boxing punch bag stand. However, a simpler method is to use a large open metal hook screwed into a door frame -- as long as you don't use the door much...

After taking these photos, I used a length of left-over webbing to make a loop round the top of her head so her head does not sag like that.

Argent - Hold Your Head Up (Single Version) on YouTube

Hello, so sorry for grave digging but this is a wonderful idea, now i just need to find a rolling stand (sturdy one that I can use to move my doll around! At 70 lbs my doll is stronger than me it would seem, literally ended up on my back with her on top, luckily neither of us were seriously injured, hurt me more than it hurt her >.>... I am new to this forum and community and would enjoy chatting with you in personal messages if necessary to figure out what to search for some kind of rolling stand mount thing. I love the straps used in the picture, they look generally harmless and I would go so far as to fasten my doll in a few more places to try and evenly distribute the weight, I will consider trying to float her on her back like you see those magicians do to their audience volunteers on those tables with invisible wires. Thank you again for this idea!
I need a GYRO! I'm holding on for this sandwich til the end of the night, it's gotta be long and it's gotta taste strong and it has to have a pinch of a lime...

LuLu

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 09:59:06 AM »
This is a pretty cool idea.
The only concern for me would be compression marks? My doll does spends much time in hiding :)

Definitely an alternative and creative idea.

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 10:25:19 AM »
There are no compression marks on this doll, but she is made of much harder silicone rubber than nearly all my other dolls.

LuLu

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 12:28:21 PM »
I am wondering if I padded heavily a sling under armpits. and hung, not have her hanging freely, but have legs helping carry some weight. Prop a short stool under feet. She's not a standing doll.
But if I had a 75/25 ratio weight distribution it may be ok. ????
Currently I can only have her sitting and the marks in groin are not going to go away. I am currently working on smoothing them out, but if she continues to sit as I have her, it'll just keep happening.

All I can do is try something. right?

LuLu

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 08:30:21 AM »
 :thumb:
That is a great idea. Makes my mind churn with ideas now.

Have like a Frankenstein table, that swivels towards floor,  WALK NOW....

Actually, make a slab thats on a angle and lean her up against that with pegs holding at armpits...

hmmmm.

Great ideas!!