Author Topic: softer breasts  (Read 283 times)

pygmalion2

• Sr. Resident
softer breasts
« on: February 16, 2019, 10:06:39 PM »
Just doing some maintenance cleaning on my dolls.
Don't know why I tried it - probably the idea from the TPE folks who oil their dolls after cleaning.
Well, I oiled Celie's breasts (sin 2D) with silicone fluid thinner.  The oil absorbed in after 20-30 min
and noticed that her breasts seemed a littler more squishy and softer!   I repeated the oiling 3 more times
and now her breasts are noticeably more squish able.  Still hard compared to other dolls but much softer than
factory.  Caitlyn (sin 1H) has also had the oiling and the same effect - more squishy. ;D ;D ;D
The link to the silicone fluid. 

http://www.sculpturesupply.com/detail.php?id=798804&sf=subcategory&vl=Thinners&cat=Mold+Making+Additives
Mark and the Synthetiks

Mike Tango

• Sr. Resident
Re: softer breasts
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 12:23:08 AM »
1) is it toxic (hands, ingest, whatever) ?
2) what will be the effect to mid and long term ?

pygmalion2

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 03:28:18 PM »
The safety spec sheet that comes with the thinner
http://www.sculpturesupply.com/pdfs/techdata/Silicone_Thinner.pdf

I am fairly certain that the silicone fluid is already a component of the silicone.
So, that would mean I have had a lot of exposure already. ???  It not  volatile but is an oil.
Long and medium term - it is as the spec sheet says - the softer the less tear resistance, etc
In other words the silicone is not as tough or durable.  Without the bottle test, I would say
the shore hardness dropped from say shore 030 to say 015. The hard 'shell' of the breast is a little softer.  As you well know
any softness increase in the SIN breasts is an improvement.  The dolls have been treated for only about 1 month now.
Mark and the Synthetiks

Mike Tango

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 06:31:17 PM »
What I find a little bit special (and I am not the expert in silicone), it's that Sinthetics puts a coat of sealer on their dolls, that gives the non sticky feeling and pleasant feeling when you caress or touch the doll, like human skin. So how this oil can cross the sealer, to be absorbed by the silicone ?

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 08:29:47 PM »
That's pretty interesting  :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 11:54:20 AM »
Let's just hope it doesn't cause any long term damage, I'd hate to read a post about your doll's breasts having melted away like a Nazi in a Spielberg movie!
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And now I'm moving in with her!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

De Motte

• New Resident
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 01:58:47 PM »
I recommend using Jojoba oil (or Baby Oil) for cleaning of platinum silicone.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 05:04:35 PM »
Sorry to contradict you, but all the silicone doll makers recommend using mild soap and warm water for cleaning their silicone dolls.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.