Author Topic: Deceptive site ahead WARNING google chrome  (Read 1081 times)

Camp

• Founding Father
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Re: Deceptive site ahead WARNING google chrome
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 08:52:23 PM »
Google Safe Browsing services have created this message in order to protect people from unsafe online content. This service scans websites and looks for deceptive buttons, for instance, download buttons that install software from unrelated and unreliable third-party sources. Deceptive site warning is basically designed to keep you away from web pages and content that can put your privacy at serious risk.

Visit an unsafe page

On your computer, open Chrome.
On the page where you see a warning, click Details.
Click Visit this unsafe site.
The page will load.

When you visit an unsafe site, Chrome will try to remove the unsafe content from the page.

To view the entire page:

On your computer, open Chrome.
On a deceptive site, to the right of the address bar, click Content blocked Content blocked.
In the alert, click Load full site.
The page will load.

Spoken like a true spammer...
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Re: Deceptive site ahead WARNING google chrome
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 09:46:52 AM »
     Years ago, I frequented a website called wiccantogether.com (enter at your own risk) to gain information on that belief system. The site became infested with a browser hack program that prevented users from leaving the web page (countless pop-up repeats of the page), demanded payment to release the user's computer, and increased the computer boot time (boot menu) from my user-set thirty seconds to a full five minutes.* Luckily I was able to locate and delete the malicious code.

Chance are that the website owner or his web host has cleaned out the bullshit code, but I have never gone back to see. The moral of this story is that even trusted websites can be hacked. Be ever vigilant!

The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation has a "Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)" at https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx  I looked for an international cybercrime agency like Interpol and found Who conducts cybercrime investigations? from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).

Users of internet-capable devices are highly encouraged to find and install some sort of anti-virus and internet protection software. The few bucks that it will cost can save you hours or days of grief. By no means should users be over-confident that these programs will stop every hacker in the world. You must use these tools wisely.

*Dell Inspiron 530 (2009) with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer

:-\ :-\ :-\
"Home isn't a place. It's the people in it. And they will always be with you!"
Andrew J. West as Henry Mills

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
See my gallery for their pictures.

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4