Author Topic: Wobbly forearm  (Read 191 times)

YKW

• Resident
Wobbly forearm
« on: December 27, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »
I've got a JY doll from October of this year with a slightly wobbly forearm. The wobble is coming from the non-hinged joint pictured below. I'd love to find a non-surgical way to repair this issue, but I'm prepared to break out the scalpel and heat gun if necessary.

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
Re: Wobbly forearm
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 11:01:40 AM »
The question is, what are the actual mechanics of this specific type of joint?  Is it rotational only, or does it have swivel capabilities?

If the joint swivels, it looks like it might be a hime type joint which would mean crimping the collar to tighten it.  But if it only rotates, then it is likely threaded on the inside which would require closer inspection.

The only way to know for sure is for someone who has actual experience with this specific type joint to offer their input.

How would you describe the "wobbliness"?  Is it side to side floppy or distendable (proximal to distal slack)?

Best of luck to you! :cheers:

YKW

• Resident
Re: Wobbly forearm
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:54:05 PM »
Apologies, I'm just noticing your kind reply now. The wiggle was distendable. The doll was sold with the buyer's knowledge of the issue. Thanks again.