Author Topic: Help a Newb  (Read 449 times)

Anon1313

• New Resident
Help a Newb
« on: February 13, 2018, 08:19:16 PM »
Hey everyone.  Lurker and first time poster.

I've been shopping around, and I have rather Nerdy tastes.  In particular I am looking for a doll with elf ears, tan skintone and white or light blonde hair.   I have looked at Realdoll, and while they are quite nice it's more money than I'd want to spend at the moment. I have also seen 4Woods work and I am really not fond of their designs.

One of the dolls that has caught my eye is this beauty https://silicone-sexy-doll.com/tpe-love-dolls/321-large-size-real-doll-with-elf-ears-elvy-5ft-6in-168cm.html?search_query=Cosdoll&results=28#/skin_color-tan/toe_nail_color-6_natural/wig_maiden_doll-11/eye_color-blue_eyes/pubic_hair-no/manicure_color-french_manicure/vagina-fixed_built_in/feet_type-regular

Before I drop any money, I did want to ask if anyone has experience with Cosdoll, if they think they are worth it, or if I should look elsewhere.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
Re: Help a Newb
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 11:26:22 PM »
 :welcome: to ODC.

I have not heard of, or seen that doll before so I can't say how good a company or doll it is. Doing a quick search on Cosdoll lead to Booty Call Dolls which is a reputable reseller; http://bootycalldolls.com/dolldesire/Cosdoll.htm  I would trust buying from them.

I would also check out the TPE section for other manufacturers of elf head dolls. TPE dolls are good for first time doll owners.

PIB makes nice elf doll in silicone. I can't think of any other silicone dolls with elf heads except Sinthetics, but that's not an option.

Unique dolls is a good reseller that sells dolls from a few manufacturers. WM Dolls makes two elf heads, #160 and #172; https://www.unique-dolls.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40_33_87&products_id=638&zenid=dv8jdjknkhg51j5cfcto2s3df7

SM-Doll has one; http://www.sm-doll.com/index.php/product/smdoll-136-cm-elf-big-breast-big-ass-real-life-sex-doll/

A JY Doll 379 is an elf head; https://www.unique-dolls.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40_114_119&products_id=937&zenid=dv8jdjknkhg51j5cfcto2s3df7

Do a little more digging an I'm sure you can find some more. Happy hunting.

Anon1313

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:22:08 PM »
Thanks for the advice so far. I do have some other newbish questions.  The extra images on that site have alleviated some of my concerns. I was a little worked about neck flexibiliy for Cosdolls, but they look to have a decent range of motion, if the images on that site are still representative of the final product.

In your experience, how do the TPE stand up dolls compare to standard?  Is there a noticeable effect on their leg flexibility for sex positions?  Do the metal feet preclude her from wearing high heels?
I know TPE dolls are more vulnerable to staining from clothing dyes.  Are there any other handling or storage considerations that you might have with TPE dolls?

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 05:31:47 PM »
I don't have much experience with the non-standing option. I do have a 100cm doll without the bolts but she is light enough.

The standing dolls are very stiff, but once moved into position they hold that pose. However if you want to change it up mid stream it again will take some effort to re-position. That kind of detracts from the experience  :whistle:

I have been experimenting on ways to deal with the foot bolts.

First experiment was to use a grommet around the screw then use a soft vinyl cap over the head;

This worked okay but the head would wear through quickly. I then used a hard plastic cap which worked better for wear but could fall off easier. A little 3M weatherstrip adhesive would work, but I'm trying something else.

On Camp's doll Kitty we are trying different types of screw in furniture leg ends. I tried the hard vinyl caps but they split under the weight. Even one of these leg ends broke.

To answer your question, yes they can stand in heels, but by holding onto something for support, and not for very long;

Anon1313

• New Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »
Thanks for fielding my weird questions. Just one more.

Can you warm up a TPE doll with a bath or electric blanket the way you can a silicon one?

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 08:23:42 PM »
Electric blanket and mattress pad are probably the best and easiest ways to heat either type.

TPE may heat up a bit quicker, but it will loose the heat quicker than silicone.

Using warm water will work, but you will loose a lot of the heat drying her off and powdering her, because of the time it would take.

Anon1313

• New Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 11:47:54 PM »
Good point about the water.

For a first time buyer would you recommend a standing doll or non-standing?

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 09:07:10 PM »
Depends on what the main use of the doll is. If you are going for more photography then a stiff poseable doll would be best.

Standing is helpful again for pictures, but also for storage. Since the dolls don't have a neck bolt, standing would be best.

The drawback to stiff standing dolls is the lack of movement in bed. Yes they can hold a position better, but it can be very hard to preposition her. That tends to take the fun away from the experience   :whistle:

Anon1313

• New Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 09:30:38 PM »
Thanks for answering all my silly questions. I'm probably going to go with non-standing since I am primarily going to be using her for sex.  I should probably look into getting a stand for storage and if I absolutely have to photograph her.

I don't anticipate doing much photography.  I don't think I'm brave enough to take her outside, and I live in such a regressive state that I'd probably get arrested if I was seen in public with her.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 06:47:01 PM »
Without a neck bolt, there will be no stand for storage. A standing doll can just stand in the closet, leaning against the wall. Eventually, even the standing doll will loosen up, making standing difficult or impossible. Of course, this improves her prowess in bed, as the loose floppy dolls tend to be better fucks, while the stiff dolls pose better.

Anon1313

• New Resident
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 06:46:29 PM »
Thanks for all the advice.  On the subject of stands, Jeffrey from Booty Call Dolls says he knows someone who makes stands.

Are there any sex positions that you absolutely should not attempt with a doll?

Also at some point I am planning to have a dress made for her. Are there any fabric colors that are less likely to stain TPE?

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 04:32:09 AM »
Stick with light colours to avoid stains.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2018, 11:46:06 AM »
Cotton and nylon are also less likely to stain.

Nylon bodystockings make a good barrier to dark clothing, or tight fitting catsuits  :drool:

Avoid anything Liquid vinyl (like catsuits) hot pants;

Or velvet;

Silicone is more forgiving. That stain would disappear in a couple weeks, but that stain on Korri needed a stain remover.

Feguro

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 07:56:05 PM »
As Increed and Ceej said.

Have no problems with this red and black bodysuits(nylon, elastan). But very expensive from Wolford. http://www.wolfordshop.net/bodysuits/buenos-aires-string-body-long-sleeve/78055.html?dwvar_78055_color=1001

But I got problems with this black vinyl dress. Not that expensive dress, but colored the TPE after a few hours. It took about 14 days before the black color was gone (with using of stain remover)
Sinthetics - Body 1H Celeste,
WM/YL 150 160, 140,
JY 166 156,
Rosesexdoll 161, 163