Author Topic: A.I. on a Pi  (Read 357 times)

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
A.I. on a Pi
« on: March 18, 2018, 09:38:07 AM »
Well in this video; April talks;  She talks about the accomplishments of missatleur.com but she does so with out the help of a tablet, laptop or cellphone all of which she has used in the past!
She is completely mobile in this video as the home-brewed A.I. system is completely on a battery powered raspberry pi.  It is a first draft and not ready for prime time for sure. But it is a start! And I think a
pretty good one when you look at the alternatives or lack of: This system is not able to access the Internet or even the local wifi, we may or may not change that. We will see how the development goes!

And now for the link to the video!  https://youtu.be/o0VtPaA4WPA  We are very interested in any views, comments or suggestions on how we could make this system more usable!

Thanks Everyone!

From all of US at missatleur.com   8)
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
Re: A.I. on a Pi
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 11:23:27 AM »
 :thumb:

frankinstien

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 05:38:38 PM »
This post begs the question should there be a robotics section on the ODC? I myself am also working on A.I. and robotic or animatronic projects, not sure if others are in the same camp. I recently purchased a TPE doll skeleton to see if it were possible to apply actuators. I'm also working on tactile sensors. I do have an approach to NLP where I use Roget's Thesaurus and its ontological framework, effectively I can get an impression of what Roget would relate to when reading articles of today. Its funny that if you just type in the word "women" one of the impressions Roget gets from the word is "Slut"!  :laugh: Other impressions are fashion, beauty, motherhood, etc. Of course, Roget lived in the 19th century and I guess he would have such impressions of women ... :whistle: Anyway ontological frameworks can be from anyone's perspective and would be a means of being able to use to get an understanding of their opinion regarding just about anything, at least that's the theory.

In any case is there enough interest in terms of personal projects from ODC members to actually have a Robotics section?

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 06:45:20 PM »
I do not think that there is enough interest or discussion to warrant a section devoted to this topic. I simply am somewhat happy that I have been able to achieve what I have. I have been looking for quite a while for a system that could do at least some basic A.I. but not be connected to the internet, and not have April tethered to a laptop, tablet or a cellphone. I could not find such an application. And there seems to be little desire for anyone to create one. So like I have done many times in the past I decided to tackle it myself. This is what I have so far, it is not very good, but it is a starting point. And it fills the most basic requirements that I have!

I am continuously looking for new ways to enjoy my girls, and because I take them out in public a lot, thought it would be really cool if they could answer some basic questions their selves!   8)

CrazyCajun and the Girls!

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 08:41:00 PM »
We could try it on a trial basis, say a 30 day period. If no real interest develops, then simple delete the section.
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls