Author Topic: July 2019 Photo Challenge.  (Read 920 times)

Docsgirl82

• New Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
Re: July 2019 Photo Challenge.
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 05:31:36 PM »
 ^-^  Hehe, thank you!  Yeah!  As much as I love all the beautiful lady dolls, I too, would love to see more male dolls!  Aww, Smoke, you made me blush.  ;) :D ;D

JunkGuy

• New Resident
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2019, 09:26:33 PM »
Brie in "Manhandled"

I was a little thrown off by the theme, but when I saw some others only posting hands I thought I'd have a chance if I got Brie's bazookas to smash together. (I haven't totally chickened out, just couldn't think of an idea that included me in any other way for this challenge while doing something "together" and still having fun with the idea.  I was fully pictured in one of the Halloween photos last year, except for wearing a blindfold.)

I had to employ some trickery to make this photo work. Brie's breasts hang fairly low on her chest, so I arched her back to full, bent her neck forward, and leaned her back 10 degrees or so to make them appear higher on her chest and make for a more compact image. Being closer to camera, they look bigger, too. Of course, I couldn't show further down out of frame because the belly sticks out crazy in this pose. For the eyes, I added some extra cotton balls - two extra pieces behind the eye to make them bulge out, and another above to raise the eyebrows.  The grimacing teeth are one of the pieces from Von Rubber's tongue and teeth set. I tried to capture the shock of being suddenly grabbed from behind.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2019, 09:46:39 PM »
Great pic !

Her expression is priceless !
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • Humble Servant of CJ's Harem.
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2019, 12:33:52 PM »
I see another entry slipped in while I  was out.  :thumb:

Great pic JunkGuy. !  Very creative!  8)

OK folks.  We are coming down to the last few days  here. You have the weekend to get your  entry in.  The challenge will close Sunday at Midnight . Voting will then commence from then until Wed the 31st. The winner will be announced Aug 1.
If the Ladies don't find you handsome.  .. Get a doll.

Feguro

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2019, 10:55:55 AM »
Brie in "Manhandled"

I was a little thrown off by the theme, but when I saw some others only posting hands I thought I'd have a chance if I got Brie's bazookas to smash together. (I haven't totally chickened out, just couldn't think of an idea that included me in any other way for this challenge while doing something "together" and still having fun with the idea.  I was fully pictured in one of the Halloween photos last year, except for wearing a blindfold.)

I had to employ some trickery to make this photo work. Brie's breasts hang fairly low on her chest, so I arched her back to full, bent her neck forward, and leaned her back 10 degrees or so to make them appear higher on her chest and make for a more compact image. Being closer to camera, they look bigger, too. Of course, I couldn't show further down out of frame because the belly sticks out crazy in this pose. For the eyes, I added some extra cotton balls - two extra pieces behind the eye to make them bulge out, and another above to raise the eyebrows.  The grimacing teeth are one of the pieces from Von Rubber's tongue and teeth set. I tried to capture the shock of being suddenly grabbed from behind.

Great idea's to build this "look".  :thumb:
Did you use a camera-time-function or did you use a smartphone-voice-command for doing the shot?

JunkGuy

• New Resident
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2019, 09:01:20 AM »
Did you use a camera-time-function or did you use a smartphone-voice-command for doing the shot?

Remote IR trigger for my Nikon D5300 on two second delay. Its just a cheap trigger I bought as part of an Insignia accessories kit from Best Buy.

I wish I could have set delay to something like 5 seconds.  Trigger requires line of sight and a finger press, so I had to click trigger, drop it out of frame, then quickly grab her breasts, reach down to pick up trigger off floor and repeat, all from behind the sheet so I couldn't see what was going on up front or being able to use my teeth to trigger the release. I made dozens of photos where the squeeze was off center, breasts not at similar height, head tilted off to either side, etc. (This was the best and glasses are still a little askew, but acceptable under the 'surprise' action.) It would have been nice to have a wired foot trigger or something so I wouldn't have had to reset between each take.

Tried to get my camera to continuously take every few seconds but couldn't figure out how to activate this function if its got it. It definitely doesn't accept speech commands. Phone accepts speech and I think it can do continuous too but its photo quality isn't as good.

Here was my setup:

Feguro

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2019, 11:41:09 AM »
The cable trigger function has never worked on my cam. I used the self timer function 10s.
Was not easy - felt like a worm after 10 shots. After the session I recognized that I could increase the delay up to 20s.  :facepalm:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I saw a self timer function on the Nikon D5300.
https://www.quora.com/How-does-one-set-the-self-timer-of-a-Nikon-D5300

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • Humble Servant of CJ's Harem.
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2019, 06:29:03 PM »
OK. Life happens,  I need to shut it down early and post  the voting booth. I won't be able to do it later tonight or tomorrow.  :whistle:

The July 2019 photo challenge is now closed for entries.
   :wavie:
If the Ladies don't find you handsome.  .. Get a doll.

JunkGuy

• New Resident
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2019, 01:13:57 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but I saw a self timer function on the Nikon D5300.
https://www.quora.com/How-does-one-set-the-self-timer-of-a-Nikon-D5300

Right, I can make it delay for 10 seconds. Almost every camera has a function like that. What I meant is to take a photo every few seconds without human interaction other than to start and stop the process. I couldn't be running back and forth from behind camera to the setup between each take, so I used the remote and the 2 second delay gave me just enough time to drop the trigger in her lap and grab her again. I wanted to press it once and get 5-10 photos out of each run though, as sometimes the remote bounced away and I had to move out from behind to locate it. The problem wasn't taking a photo, it was taking one with the hands, breasts, and face all in the right locations and being able to move my hands around a few times for each sequence would have increased the odds of getting it right in less time.

Fantastic Plastic

• Resident
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2019, 11:01:14 PM »
Ha! Mine, “the look”, basically gave me instant carpal tunnel damage.
I took that with my oversized cell phone with the doll straddling me.
I had to hold the phone with one hand behind my head without being able to see the view on the screen.
The angle I had to hold my wrist while being able to press the little graphic button was with excruciating pain at times.
I think I took thirty some try’s before I got “the one”.