Author Topic: The "Sixty Days of KingTut's Sinthetics" Project  (Read 159456 times)

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
Re: The "Sixty Days of Ashleigh and Sinthia" Project
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2012, 04:38:37 AM »
Beautifully executed by yourself and Ashleigh.
Why oh why do the manufactures not produce guides like this I am at a loss to understand. ::)

Outstandingly photographed, simply showing the range of movement achievable, and of course with the instruction to start at the home position, essential.
As stated some of the positions are extreme and could result in tears of the silicone.
Funny I have just "found" the radial hip action, the back joint is amazing.

Thank you so much Ashleigh and of course KingTut for putting so much time and trouble into what is turning out to be a very rewarding 60 days.
Kudos Sir.

(Mirabel , with hands on  hips says , "You wont get me doing those poses,Ashleigh must be double jointed!")
<<<<<<<<<<<<for album click the pic..........................

Fuzzy78

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2012, 01:51:04 PM »
great shots kt they really help
the only sad think i find is that, in a way dolls have no muscles so when you pose them you dont see parts of the body contracting and changing shape. oh well i guess thats practiclly undoable (i just think it really showes its self when it comes to he bottom or her stomach being posed)

KingTut

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2012, 02:24:36 PM »
DAY 5: 2D RANGE OF MOTION -- PART 2: YOGA POSES

I'm posting this a bit early today because the photos for Part 2 are already up (I was on a roll, uploading 80 photos) and we had a minor injury here at the Pyramid.  Sinthia cut her left index finger and it required a bit more than a Band-Aid.  She should be fine in a couple of hours, but I'm letting her rest.

So today, Ashleigh will be doing a bonus session stemming from our range of motion study.  It seemed natural to go from that into demonstrating some advanced yoga poses.  We'll be looking at a performing a lotus position and a full stretch.

Before we start, I'm going to repeat the warning from yesterday:

THE MOVES SHOWN BELOW ARE CONSIDERED ADVANCED POSITIONS.  DO NOT ATTEMPT THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE A LOT OF EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH HIDDEN JOINTS AND ARTICULATIONS.  THESE MOVES, IF PERFORMED IMPROPERLY, CAN DAMAGE YOUR DOLL'S JOINTS OR OVER-STRESS AND TEAR OR WEAKEN THE SILICONE.

LOTUS POSITION

We'll start with Ashleigh in a relaxed pose with her legs near the home position we discussed in Day 4.  Note how she is supporting herself with her arms to the back.  It's important to let your doll help you with these moves.  The closer you stay to a normal human's movements, the less chance you take of inviting disaster.

Next, we'll turn her right foot sideways so that the top of the foot points out.  Here we are trying to use the radial motion of the hip, not the knee, though if the knee turns too, that's fine.

Next we pull the thigh out toward the body and bend the knee so that the toes are pointing inward.  You will find as you do this, that you will apply more radial motion to the hip.  If you use the bent knee as a kind of handle (like on a faucet) you will find the additional leverage makes this radial motion much easier.  BUT BE CAREFUL!  That same leverage can be used to over-torque the hip.  Take your time, go slow and let your girl tell you when to stop.

Now we repeat the process with Ashleigh's left leg, first doing an outward radial twist on the leg...

...and then drawing the leg inward.  Note that she pulls this leg in a bit farther, preparing to cross her calves, lotus fashion.

Finish the leg portion of the pose by CAREFULLY crossing the feet and calves.  If you feel any resistance or hear creaking, STOP.  She's reached her limit.

Now we'll move the hands into position.  First we'll move the right hand forward and into the gneral position.  At this point, we need to compensate a bit since she's now supporting herself with only one hand, and the final pose is a straight back or slightly bent forward position.  Ashleigh leans forward at the waist now, as you can see by the little pooch in her stomach.

If you don't compensate for the new position correctly, this is likely to happen  :laugh::

But if you've done everything right, you can move the left hand forward, spend some time fiddling with her fingers and, voila!  A perfect lotus.

If you zoom in, you'll see that this was a bit of an exertion for Ashleigh... sweaty doll!

FULL STRETCH

I'm sure there is some fancy yoga name for this pose like "gently sleeping raccoon", but I honestly don't know what that might be.  :P  I just know it's a very cool pose.

Ashleigh is going to show you how to do the pose that the orginal 2D Celeste did for Sinthetics in her yoga set.  If you haven't seen it, it looks like this:

Cool, eh?  :)

Okay, so once again, Ashleigh will start in a relaxed home position.

We'll move the left leg in first, since the right leg is pretty much already in position for the final pose.  Again, we will perform an outward radial hip turn  to start.

As with the lotus, we will now pull the left hip out and bend the knee inwards, increasing the radial turn at the hip.  Remember to do this carefully and slowly -- that calf becomes a lever for the radial motion!

Now Ashleigh will point her right toes away from her body, as if doing a pas du grace.

EDIT: I realize after some other discussions that I missed a step here, both in the photos and the text.  The next thing to do is to bend her torso at the waist as far forward as she can go.  You should be able to get her to bend at least 10° forward from a straight back position.

I'm going to help Ashleigh with this next part.  Again, take this slowly.  I firmly push her forward from the upper back, forcing her waist joint as far forward as it will go and adding to the radial turn at her hips.  I stop just short of a full face plant into the bed to avoid damaging her eyelashes.

Next she poses her right arm in the general position of the final pose.  Ashleigh found it helpful to hold her foot.   

EDIT: It also helps to twist her torso (using the radial waist joint) so that her right shoulder moves forward a bit.  This will extend her reach.

(Apologies to all for the wig malfunction that is persisted through the rest of this set.  Sorry.  :()

She now poses her neck and head so that she is looking at her foot.  It is important to get her eyes to look at her hand or toes in order to sell this pose.

Finally, we move her left arm into the final position.

To make this look like more of a work-out, and to allow her face to be seen better, I put her hair in a pony tail with a black hair elastic.

Ashleigh:  Are we done yet?  I need a shower!

Day 5 Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=613

life-is-plastic

• Resident
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »
so that's how those Sins keep a great shape !!  ;D

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »
This is incredible! I don't think any other kind of doll can approach that range of pose-ability.
 :o
She looks more real than a real person, if that is possible.

viper

• New Resident
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2012, 06:29:53 PM »
Just wanted to say that for someone such as myself who's considering a Sinthetics, these photosets are unbelievably helpful! Thank you so much for posting them!

B-Zilla

• Sr. Resident
  • "The Pun-isher"
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2012, 09:02:16 PM »
Another excellent installment, King Tut.

I appreciate your adventurous spirit when posing your doll, I doubt very seriously I'll be as brave.  :laugh:

velouria

• New Resident
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
Quoting Everhard:

She looks more real than a real person, if that is possible.

Her appearance captures the ideal in a way few real women can achieve.
Broadcast live from the Dahl House.

Sinthetics

• Doll Manufacturer
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 07:09:25 PM »
Such outstanding photos KingTut, you have outdone yourself!

Here you can see the butt from a doggy position.  And now you can see how the illusion of a real pubis is broken when the legs are spread on an insert doll.  This doesn't happen on a doll with built-in entries.  And, while I haven't tried it, there may be a way to temporarily cement the honey pot in a way that will allow it to deform with the labia majora, preserving the illusion.
In the many images I've looked at, I haven't seen this happen before.  Is this unique to the body 2D?
This is normal for the removable inserts in any doll which is why we recommend built-in for photography dolls. It's just a question of physics.

SHOULDER
The shoulder and hip joints are quite similar in that they both have two separate rotating joints.  Because of this, I recommend that any posing involving the shoulder or hip joints always be started from a home position.  For the shoulders, the home position is with the arm held straight at the sides.  Ashleigh will demonstrate the side rotation first.  Note that the first photo shows the result of moving the arm 90° from the home position.
Just a warning to all viewing - be very careful how you do arm positions that require stretching the armpit. Without careful positioning, you will most likely tear that area. Sometimes even with careful positioning you'll cause a tear.

From my experience with small dolls, I would expect to find three motions on the waist of the 2D: arching (forward/backward rotation), twisting (rotating the shoulders out of line with the hips) and leaning side-to-side  I really haven't gotten a good feel for the twisting motion or leaning motions, so I don't know if they are there or not.  But the arching motion certainly is!
Those motions are there as you can see from our studio photos. The hips can tilt forward and back, and side to side in a hula motion. They are more difficult positions to achieve without experience and sometimes you need to use a knee in the waist while pulling shoulders towards you to get a good side bend. This is again a very advanced pose and not recommended if you don't fully understand how the lower back joint moves. Mark & Tasha are getting quite expert at exhibiting this range of motion.

Let's look first at the front/back rotation.  It seems that Ashleigh has no real backward movement at her hips, so she is incapable of doing a front-back split. 
It actually is possible for the dolls to do it but there is no good reason to push the silicone or joints to that extreme. The risk of damage is very high if people are not 100% certain with what they are doing. This is true really of any advanced poses. While the dolls do have extraordinary range of motion, they are not intended to be pushed to extremes. Since they are designed primarily for sexual use, the extreme positions should never be required for that purpose...

Beautifully executed by yourself and Ashleigh.
Why oh why do the manufactures not produce guides like this I am at a loss to understand. ::)
Because they take SO long to do when we have production and development at max! And many of these poses, while possible, we do not recommend.

KingTut

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 09:08:01 PM »
DAY 6: SINTHETICS TRIBUTE

Sinthia: So, Tut, you've got us in this Devil lingerie... what's the plan.

KingTut: Well, Sinthetics has really been good to us, so I thought we'd do something special for Matt and Bronwen.

Sinthia: So you put us in these get-ups?

KingTut: Of course!  It's a play on the corporate motto: "The Devil is in the Details."

Ashleigh:  Hmmm... "The Devil is in the Details"...  So maybe we should do something devilish?  Like...

Ashleigh: ...touching our breasts?

Sinthia: That's not devilish -- it's horny.  It needs to be something classier, but kind of naughty.

Ashleigh:  Hmmm...   I know!

Sinthia: Too demure, but you're on the right track...

Sinthia & KingTut: ASHLEIGH!

Ashleigh: (embarrassed) Too much?

Sinthia: Definitely!

Sinthia sits in a nearby chair.

Sinthia: Do we really need to wear these horns?

KingTut: Yes, it's part of the look.  Devils have horns.

Sinthia: Okay, then I'll just have to be a horny little devilette.  Speaking of which...

Ashleigh & KingTut: SINTHIA!

Sinthia: Hey!  I was just checking the goods.  I wasn't going to touch anything.  So what's the plan, Tutters?

KingTut: Hmm...  Sin, you stay where you are.  Ash, let's try something different... Try sitting on the table.

Sinthia: Ya know, we do eat there...

Ashleigh: Is it safe?

KingTut: Girls, please, cooperate.  This is for Matt and Bronwen.

Ashleigh: Okay...

KingTut: Oh wow... that's hot!  PERFECT!   Now Sin, move your chair a bit closer and I think we'll have our shot...

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO MATT KRIVICKE, BRONWEN KELLER AND ALL THE CREW AT SINTHETICS!

Day 6 Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=612

velouria

• New Resident
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 09:35:03 PM »
Bravo! And a toast to Sinthetics!
Broadcast live from the Dahl House.

B-Zilla

• Sr. Resident
  • "The Pun-isher"
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2012, 12:40:40 AM »
This is one of my favorite pics, ever:o

http://youtu.be/Bl5dZxA-rZY

You've outdone yourself, King.  :laugh:

stellatus

• Resident
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2012, 03:10:04 AM »
Wow, devilishly good

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2012, 05:44:47 AM »
The Devil may wear Prada but not today, something much more fun..... ;D

As suspected .... Tutters indeed, Sinthia has your measure, just do not make her cross or you will be in for it !!! :o

Ashleigh you just want to cuddle because she is so sweet, in many more ways than one...  :)

Having posed dolls for a long time I know just how much effort, strength and time is needed ,you have done an exemplary job your Majesty, kudos.

I am about to try carrying Mirabel up stairs and at 66 my strength is not what it was so wish me luck !  :'(
<<<<<<<<<<<<for album click the pic..........................

life-is-plastic

• Resident
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2012, 05:56:19 AM »
instead of the Dynamic Duo , we now have the Devilish Duo !!!  :D