Author Topic: Fantasy Backgrounds  (Read 2073 times)

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Fantasy Backgrounds
« on: April 06, 2010, 11:41:47 AM »
Fantasy Backgrounds

Wilby's Art

A lot of Wilby's Art works are representations of egg shapes, droplets, and bilateral symmetry. He does have a couple of M.C. Escher type pictures that might make interesting backgrounds for Photoshop users. Most of his work looks like the album covers for Journey.
     While he does have some not-for-use copyright material, the pictures below appear to be available for anyone. As always, anyone who uses these images should be polite and link back to the source page. Others may want to know where they came from, and may want to see more. there are 59 images in  Gallery 1 and Gallery 2. On 6 Apr 2010, there were no images in gallery 3.

NOTE: The website mentioned in some of the images "wilbysart.homestead.com" appears to have been taken down.

M. C. Escher

Many of you know M.C. Escher only for his mathematical prints, but in fact he made much more wonderful art during his lifetime. Upon request by many, we recently added six GALLERIES of selected works of art by M.C. Escher to our website.

We hope you enjoy this website and the wonderful art M.C. Escher has given us.

Many of M.C. Escher's works were colorized and used on black-light posters. I have a few that I collected in the early 1970's. Here are some examples of his work.

Some of my favorites!

:) :) :)
"Home isn't a place. It's the people in it. And they will always be with you!"
Andrew J. West as Henry Mills

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
See my gallery for their pictures.

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: Fantasy Backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:03:37 PM »
Those are pretty cool! I especially like the 3rd one down!
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 04:28:23 PM »
I suggest that Escher art might help explore the edges of science: After the big bang, but before physics as we know it came into being, matter existed but time (as we know it) did not; at least according to cosmologists I have read. Therefore, while a particular set of events occurred, they did not occur in a particular order (together or one after or before the others). We cannot easily grasp such things, so this kind of art might help. (I speculate.)

Indeed, even things in the modern world are hard to grasp. (Interference fringes occurring even when only a single photon is in the tube at any one time: How can it interact with other photons that are not there at the same time as it? See Importance to philosophy.) Such art surely prepares our brains to come to terms with such conundrums and ponder them critically.

The sailing ship in the sky reminds me of the old Hamlet cigar advert (I think), in which a knowledgeable guy with a goatee beard and wearing Elizabethan clothing on deck says, "Nonsense! The world is round," just before the ship goes over the edge of an infinite waterfall and plunges into space...

Eagle1

• Resident
    • Kimi's World
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 04:05:23 AM »
Great backgrounds, they look  8) like the top set best.

Regards
Anastasia, Kimi, Kiki Dee & Eagle1

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Lone Star living
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 05:23:53 PM »
Cool pix, Noquiexis!  8)

I like this one the best!

Breaktime at the Anti-Grav' Lab.  :laugh:

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

belshanar

• Retired Diplomat
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »
I think it would be really neat to edit together a picture of many of our dolls on the stairs. Each doll on a different stair case. The real trick would be to get their hair hanging in the right direction.
Dude! Look out for that.......    tree.  That had to hurt.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Freja (Willow head); Yuki (Kimiko head); Alicia head.